Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, January 15, 2007

Condoleezza Rice: Boldly Going Nowhere

Condoleezza Rice: Gotta Remember...Surge = Bad: augmentation = Good!

Rice: 'Surge' = 'Augmentation'
Yesterday, President Bush announced to the nation that he plans to increase America’s presence in Iraq by approximately 22,000 troops, with no timetable for when troop levels would be drawn back down.

Today, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice tried her best to make this escalation plan more palatable to the American public. "I think that I don’t see it, and the president doesn’t see it, as an escalation," Rice told an incredulous Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE). Hagel responded, "Putting 22,000 new troops, more troops in, is not an escalation?" "I would call it, senator, an augmentation," Rice said. Think Progress

UPDATE: Think Progress has Condi on TV, and this time she's got a superfantastic new word way better than surge (which is kinda wearing thin): augmentation. Neato, Condi! Princess Sparkle Pony

Condoleezza Rice may be forced to install Puppet Government 2.0 in Iraq.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice suggested on Thursday that the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki was running out of time to restore security in Iraq but repeated her confidence in him. "I have met Prime Minister Maliki. ... I saw his resolve. "I think he knows that his government is, in a sense, on borrowed time, not just in terms of the American people but in terms of the Iraqi people," Rice told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Reuters

In a bold new move Condoleezza Rice has offered the Iranians the same choice as before.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Thursday she was ready to meet "any time, anywhere" with Iran's leadership if it suspended its enrichment of uranium. "I repeat an offer that I have made several times, today. If Iran suspends its uranium enrichment, which is an international demand and not just an American one, then the United States is prepared to reverse 27 years of policy and I will met with my Iranian counterpart any time, anywhere," Rice told a news conference. Reuters

I think that I may be about to be sent to Gitmo for some government sponsored re-education! On 01/11/07 I was visited by the Pentagon [ 1, 2 ], and on 01/12/07 by the House of Representatives [ 1, 2 ], and all because of this post about Condi Rice. They must have a major hissy fit when they read Princess Sparkle Pony!

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts