Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, April 07, 2008

Aldous Huxley on the Half Shell

 
No time for blogging today! I am busy helping Germaine Gregarious entertain Dr. Monkerstein. He stopped by the Lair™ unexpectedly, and while the girls were showing him around he had a most unfortunate misadventure. He accidently tripped over a hand grenade and fell down a staircase into an elevator shaft, right into a hail of bullets! (Jeepers! What a mess. I think that it's going to take more than club soda to get those stains out...) In the meantime, you can watch this swell video of the introduction to the film "Idiocracy". This seemingly innocent comedy clip is actually a eugenics promotional film!
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

At Mon Apr 07, 07:14:00 AM, Blogger Dave The Angry Rhode Islander said...

After seeing the bathing beauty, I doubt I'll be able to get anything done at all now. Must...get...back...to...work...

 
At Mon Apr 07, 07:42:00 AM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

This seemingly innocent comedy clip is actually a eugenics promotional film!

Oh, I wouldn't say that film was so innocent. "Go away! Batin'!"

 
At Mon Apr 07, 02:16:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Tripped my butt! I left an orange hand on my back!

 
At Mon Apr 07, 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Darwin's Dagger said...

Ape IQs go up. Human IQs go down. But that's the way you want it, right Dr. Zaius.

 
At Mon Apr 07, 06:11:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

I think you misspelled that trademark - it's LIAR, not Lair.

 
At Mon Apr 07, 07:56:00 PM, Blogger BAC said...

Dr. Z that video is far too true! Yikes!!


BAC

 
At Mon Apr 07, 08:39:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Idiocracy was a pretty good movie, not spectacular, but not worth getting buried like it did.

Unfortunately, my wife is a Chicago Public School teacher so seeing this part hit awfully close to home for her.

 
At Tue Apr 08, 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dave The Angry Rhode Islander: Ah, the girls of the LGPPP. We should do a calendar!

Dean Wormer: Ideed! You you would seem to have gotten straight to the salient point in the clip. :o)

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein: Bah! I was merely trying to help, Dr. Monkerstein! Now, what where you doing in the bushes? Dean Wormer wants to know!

Darwin's Dagger: Who am I to stand in the way of progress?

GETkristiLOVE: Ha! You are indeed precocious, Ms. Love. Now, can you explain what Dr. Monkerstein was doing in the bushes? Dean Wormer wants to know!

BAC: The problem with eugenics is that part of if is right. It's a scary thought.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: I agree, it was kind of a cool movie. I loved the enormous Wal-Mart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts