Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How To Stuff a Wild Bikini


This was the last of the Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon beach movies, but I have always especially enjoyed this one for several reasons. For one, Frankie Avalon and his hair helmet were only in the movie for seven minutes. (Although I am not sure that I liked his stand in, 'Dobie Gillis', any better.) Also, I really enjoyed Buster Keaton as a mad witch doctor, and Erik Von Zipper (Harvey Lembeck) got to sing two songs in the film. Annette Funicello does not wear a bathing suit in the film at any point becuase she was noticeably pregnant with her first child while the film was being shot.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


At Wed Aug 27, 03:36:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Forgive me if I don't want to see Mickey Rooney in a bikini.

At Wed Aug 27, 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Sleestak said...

Poor Buster Keaton.

At Fri Aug 29, 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dean Wormer: Eek! what a mental image! I have to go wash out my brain with oven cleaner...

Sleestak: I used to think that, too. I am not so sure of that now. I think he was happy to get the work and to be in the limelight. He was probably happy to be remembered.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts  |  Older Posts