Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How To Stuff a Wild Bikini

 

This was the last of the Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon beach movies, but I have always especially enjoyed this one for several reasons. For one, Frankie Avalon and his hair helmet were only in the movie for seven minutes. (Although I am not sure that I liked his stand in, 'Dobie Gillis', any better.) Also, I really enjoyed Buster Keaton as a mad witch doctor, and Erik Von Zipper (Harvey Lembeck) got to sing two songs in the film. Annette Funicello does not wear a bathing suit in the film at any point becuase she was noticeably pregnant with her first child while the film was being shot.

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

At Wed Aug 27, 03:36:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Forgive me if I don't want to see Mickey Rooney in a bikini.

 
At Wed Aug 27, 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Sleestak said...

Poor Buster Keaton.

 
At Fri Aug 29, 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dean Wormer: Eek! what a mental image! I have to go wash out my brain with oven cleaner...

Sleestak: I used to think that, too. I am not so sure of that now. I think he was happy to get the work and to be in the limelight. He was probably happy to be remembered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts