Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sno Wovel Your Cares Away!

 

After a brief initial testing phase, I can now formally endorse the Sno Wovel. Although it's price is a bit steep, this wonderful device is worth every penny. It cuts the amout of time that you spend shoveling snow by about two thirds, and with far less effort than the traditional snow shovel. It is amazing how much easier it is to use the Sno Wovel than it is to bend and stoop to shovel snow. It is as easy to use uphill as it is downhill! (This is not a paid endorsement.)

My one complaint is the assembly of the device. Although I can tell from photos on the internet that the wheel used to come in one part, it now comes in two parts. I am assuming that they now save on shipping because it can now be sent in a smaller box.

Putting the wheel together is not so bad, but the rubber "tire" is a long piece of rubber that wraps around the wheel, with a long slot on it's underside that corresponds to a lip that goes around the outside of the wheel. The "tire" is then supposed to be held in place by this really stupid locking mechanism. Try as I might, I could not get the piece of rubber to fit all the way around the wheel and fit into the really stupid locking mechanism. When I looked at the directions again, I noticed that it said in very small type "70° Fahrenheit".

I found this rather annoying, as I was on the back porch and it was about 40° outside. (I put it together before it snowed.) I then hit upon the brilliant idea of warming it up in the microwave! This actually worked quite well, and the piece of rubber now fit. (My cat got very angry at the odor of freshly cooked burnt rubber in the kitchen and stalked off in disgust, however.)

I thought that assembly of the device was overly time consuming, but once I used it I was completely sold! The Sno Wovel is the only way to clear the driveway.


Gemaine Gregarious got the combination speargun and grenade launcher version, of course.
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

19 Comments:

At Wed Dec 17, 04:50:00 AM, Blogger Fran said...

There's something a little filthy about GG's photo with that projectile-wovel!

I did spit out coffee at the thought of burnt rubber causing your cat angst!

 
At Wed Dec 17, 08:31:00 AM, Blogger dguzman said...

Those microwave ovens really have solved all the world's problems, haven't they?

I knew Germaine's would be tricked out, but speargun AND grenade launcher!? That little vixen!

 
At Wed Dec 17, 10:59:00 AM, Blogger D. Debil said...

Hot water would have been less fraught with peril then the microwave, but who am I to begrudge a scientist his favorite tool.

love the wovel. It takes one back killing step out of the equation. There is still the problem pushing.

 
At Wed Dec 17, 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Claire said...

That is quite brilliant!

 
At Wed Dec 17, 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Michael Hart said...

Wow; I remember when we used to shovel snow. Oh, we still live in a place where it snows, but we use a broom on the porches and simply crush it on the driveway, before subjecting ot to The City of Boulder's Solar snow removal system.

Now if Germaine's (Gemaine??) "grenade launchers" were flame-throwers instead...

 
At Wed Dec 17, 03:23:00 PM, Blogger Utah Savage said...

I'm speechless. You two scare me. I'm glad I'm on your side.

 
At Wed Dec 17, 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Kelly the little black dog said...

Pretty cool!

 
At Wed Dec 17, 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I'm trying to figure out a way to put a flame thrower on my snow shovel. Melted snow is easier to shovel, right?

 
At Thu Dec 18, 08:07:00 AM, Blogger D. Debil said...

Ok. Here's the problem with the wovel: The push angle is too high. When shoveling snow, coal, anything, the closer the handle the operator pushes on to his/her/its waist the easier the task is on the back. The more you can push with your hips/legs the less torque you apply to your lower back.

The wovel needs two handles. A low one for pushing and a high one for lifting.

 
At Thu Dec 18, 09:30:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

You lazy kids, we used a shovel in my day, and we liked it!

 
At Thu Dec 18, 11:11:00 AM, Blogger okjimm said...

I want on with the optional thermo-nuclear blow torch so I can not only clear the drive-way, but the pesky neighbors, too!!

 
At Thu Dec 18, 09:40:00 PM, Blogger ThoughtCriminal said...

GG really should add a flame-thrower attachement. Adds weight, but it's worth every kilo. We just got a bit under 20-inches in our town and I've run out of phosphorus grenades.

 
At Fri Dec 19, 08:56:00 AM, Blogger Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! First of all, I'm not "spamming" you; I promise! Second of all, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Melissa B., The Scholastic Scribe, & I'm the "Original" Superior Scribbler! Third thing on my mind: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award; I'd greatly appreciate your vote, so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And 4th thing on today's agenda: I've got a cute "contest," of sorts, going on at my place every Sunday. Please come by this Sunday for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. And, thanks for your support!

 
At Fri Dec 19, 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Kulkuri said...

Are you sure the tire is rubber? Rubber reacts the opposite to cold and heat. It shrinks when heated and expands when cold. That's why a loose fan belt on a car stops squealing after a bit.

As for heavy snow removal, I prefer the Yooper Scooper.

 
At Fri Dec 19, 01:59:00 PM, Blogger BAC said...

I want one, too! We don't have snow yet, but it's coming!


BAC

 
At Fri Dec 19, 04:06:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

And my story virus meme story from down yonder entry below is posted.

 
At Sat Dec 20, 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

it snowed here yesterday and no one was using one of those

 
At Sat Dec 20, 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

FranIAm: You should have seen the look on my cat's face! He was really mad at me.

dguzman: I love microwaves! If only I could bake chocolate cake in them...

D. Debil: Hot water? Ack! I should have thought of that!

CDP: Isn't it nifty? :o)

Michael Hart: Tell me about it. I used to live where it never snowed. Those were the days! Flame-throwers? Ack! I should have thought of that!

Utah Savage: Don't be scared! It's only a Sno Wovel! :o)

Kelly the dog: :o)

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: I think that with melted snow, you don't shovel. You use a straw!

D. Debil: There is an adjustment for that in the model I have. The instructions say that this modification is new.

Randal Graves: YOu are always a critic. Back in my day we shoveled snow with a toothpick. And we were grateful!

okjimm: That's the ticket! Take no prisoners.

ThoughtCriminal: You have just had 20 inches of snow? You need a Sno Wovel!

Melissa B.: Congratulations!

Kulkuri: So it's like water? Maybe it was made of vinyl or something... The Yooper Scooper looks cool!

BAC: The Sno Wovel is ten kinds of awesome! It's a pain to put together, though...

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: Great! I'll go check it out!

Distributorcap: I have never seen one outside of the internet. It's a pretty new product.

 
At Sun Dec 21, 06:51:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Has Joe Sakic been reading this blog?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts