Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Problem solved!

Kelly the Little Black Dog: 'China's Glorious new Environmental Program'
This is via Kelly the Little Black Dog. It seems that as a solution to the destruction of a section of forest by the mining a former quarry, local government officials in China have decided to merely spray the mountainside with bright green paint. GOP take note, there exists an environmental program almost as ridiculous as your own. ananova.com

From an idea by Becca
In related news, in an interview at the Sherwin-Williams paint factory Vice-President Dick Cheney said today that a consensus is lacking on whether global warming is caused by human activity. The Vice-president's reason for being at the factory is unclear at this time. Think Progress

From an idea by Becca

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

At Thu Feb 22, 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Kelly the little black dog said...

Love it!

Well that is one way to make the country green or red.

 
At Fri Feb 23, 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Ouch, please don't let Bush see this the results could be disasterous.

Hey maybe we can solve the global warming/ melting glacier problem this way. Anyone got some white paint?

 
At Fri Feb 23, 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

I guess I can't criticize the Chinese. California puts fake plaster facades that look like rock over hillsides they cut away when they build roads.

 
At Fri Feb 23, 05:45:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Becca: You're a genius! I added Dick Cheney, global warming painter and melting glacier fixer-upper.

Poobah: I grew up in California. I think that there is actually a big difference in the intent of the two items that you compare.

The intent of the "fake plaster facades" was to prevent erosion. The intent of the green paint on Laoshou mountain was clearly to imitate trees.

Oh, Poobah. I know that you are just trying once again to characterize simians as stupid.

 
At Sat Feb 24, 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

Dr.Z,
I'm not trying to characterize simians as stupid, only people.

 
At Sat Feb 24, 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dearest Poobah: I hope that I did not offend. You must remember that I was speaking as the character of a simian scientific and religious leader from the year 3978 AD.

If I seemed brusque, it was probably that Charleton Heston's quaint and curious remarks about my culture were still buzzing about my brain. (Damned NRA!)

That said, as an officially pompous and over-inflated administrator of simian affairs, I am sure that I will bring up your comparison of Mr. Romney and my simian fellows in the future, but only for comedic effect. It is not directed at the Poobah personally, who is close to my heart.

Please don't take any real offense at my simian posturing. Trust me, nobody else does. Not even the chimpanzees. (And I am in charge of all of their grant money! You would think that they would listen. Damned chimps!)

 
At Sat Feb 24, 09:45:00 PM, Blogger BadTux said...

Hmm, so the solution to melting glaciers is... white paint on the now-bare mountains?

I love it!

- Badtux the Paint Penguin

 
At Mon Feb 26, 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Brilliant!

The best part is how Cheney looks so damn annoyed by his new responsibilty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts