Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Betty and Veronica - 'She's Goth to Have it!'


Betty discovers goth culture! ...and she looks hot in black lipstick. I found this great Betty and Veronica comic over at The Accordion Guy. He has it posted as a single file [436K], I just enlarged it a bit and heighted the contrast a little to make it easier to read for those of us with thick glasses and a permanent squint. (Like me.)

So, what is the heart-felt message of this hard hitting bit of social commentary? If you want to be a good friend, you will eat the damned Rice Krispy Treats! That is what friendship is all about! Only the groovy goth girls understood the importance of the marshmallow goodness of Betty's need for attention.

It's hard for me to say which Archie comic I like better - this one, or the comic recently posted over at Living Between Wednesdays.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

At Tue May 01, 09:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betty looks kinda hot all "Gothed" out. Archie on the other hand looks like something off the set of a "Flashdance" remake.

 
At Wed May 02, 08:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Archie is ready to go to the Boom-Boom Room. I always wondered what "Jug head" meant, and I guess now we know!

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Thu May 03, 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dr. Monkerstein: I agree! Betty seems to look good no matter what she is wearing. You are right, Archie looks freakin' ridiculous!

Tengrain: YOu know, 'Jughead' Jones wasn't in this story. (His sort of anti-social ways might have made him seem too 'goth' for the story.) I think you have him confused with rich, snot-nosed Reggie Mantle, who was featured prominently in the story.

 
At Thu May 03, 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

So cute! I'm such a sucker for a gothed-out chick.

 
At Fri May 04, 01:08:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

I knew that you would like this comic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts