Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Saturday, January 19, 2008

What Was On TV Last Night

 
Barbarella (1968)
Trailer
falling down a tube
Essence of Man
Death by Parakeets
Pretty Pretty

American Movie Classics played "Barbarella" on Friday night. The script is actually pretty dreadful, but the film makes up for this in ultra-campy trippiness! The sets, costumes, art direction and groovilicious go go boots are out of this world!

According to the film's trailer, "Barbarella is a five-star double rated astronautical aviatrix whose specialty is... Love. Her top secret is mission is a real wing dinger. See Barbarella do her thing!"

And remember, Barbarella is French!

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

At Sat Jan 19, 09:28:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

What a great film. I adore young Jane Fonda.

 
At Sat Jan 19, 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Mmmm. Jane Fonda. You didn't link the scene where she single-handedly overloads the orgasm machine.

 
At Sat Jan 19, 02:35:00 PM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

My daughter just borrowed Barbarella from her aunt and uncle and I must admit she is way cooler than me. ("I've never seen it...," I whisper. sshhhh. I shall report back after I am a proper human.

 
At Sat Jan 19, 04:20:00 PM, Blogger Westcoast Walker said...

The ultimate kitsch classic!

 
At Sat Jan 19, 04:21:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

Dig the "special" effects!

 
At Sat Jan 19, 08:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane Fonda in Barbarella the combination that launched a thousand adolescent fantasies.

Well, just for me.

I imagine some others might have been thinking some about her in that movie too.

 
At Sun Jan 20, 05:55:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dr. Monkerstein: THere is one thing better than Jane Fonda in a movie - Jane Fonda in a movie wearing go go boots!

Dean Wormer: Yes, I didn't want to give away the plot of the whole movie!

Freida Bee: You shall be pleasantly surpised, I believe. I am sure that you will enjoy it.

Westcoast Walker: The kitchiest!

Comrade Kevin: The special effects were deliciously awful. THe sets and costumes were amazing!

MWB's World: Jane Fonda in Barbarella launched a thousand adolescent fantasies in my fertile imagination, that's for sure!

 
At Sun Jan 20, 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Hey!

Funny coincidence. I'm glad I got to see it on tape, because I'll bet they edited out Jane Fonda's nipples for television.

 
At Mon Jan 21, 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

It was on American Movie Classics, so it was unedited and commercial free!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts