Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Friday, August 29, 2008

Bikini Beach

 


"Bikini Beach" was the third Frankie & Annette beach party movie. This was perhaps Frankie Avalon's best beach movie, as he plays two roles - himself and the totally awesome British pop-star "The Potato Bug." Harvey Huntington Honeywagon III (Keenan Wynn) is a wealthy neocon who wants to build a retirement village on the beach and throw out the swingin' teenagers. Eric Von Zipper (Harvey Lembeck) and his biker gang, the Rats and Mice are once again misunderstood and treated unfairly by the cool kids. And my favorite actor Boris Karloff makes a cameo appearance as an art dealer!


The film's opening credits are awesome!

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

At Sun Aug 31, 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

Woo-hoo! I get to go!!!

No one else took me to the beach this summer. Thank you. Thank you.

But, do I have to wear a 'kini?

 
At Sun Aug 31, 05:05:00 PM, Blogger Unconventional Conventionist said...

Well at least you didn't put me UNDER the bus! :)~

 
At Sun Aug 31, 08:03:00 PM, Blogger laura linger said...

Bikini Beach is the greatest surf movie ever. Isn't is also the home of great Frankie and Annette banter like this:

"Come on for a walk, Annette. We can listen to the surf."

"Until I am listening to wedding bells, Frankie, I won't go walking anywhere with you."

And then that trollop Annette takes up with Potato Bug and everyone goes to the drag races! God, I LOVE 1964.

 
At Wed Sep 03, 08:51:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Freida Bee: No, of course not! As long as you wear Happy Underpants. ;o)

Unconventional Conventionist: Hey! Are you wearing your safety belt?

A Touch of Tuesday Weld: Potato Bug was my favorite!

 
At Wed Sep 03, 12:22:00 PM, Blogger mwb said...

Oh, no wait! I fell off the wagon.

And I must finally do my Beach party wrap up post soon...

 
At Thu Sep 04, 09:46:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Oh yeah!!! I'm on the Bikini Beach party bus!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts