Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, March 12, 2007

Tor Love Betty: Cheesecake, Humor, with a Teaspoon of Horror

Great Googly Moogly! I took a wrong turn at Palookaville, and ran smack dab into the "No Smoking in the Skull Cave" origin issue! (From Mile High Comics, via Mike Sterling's Progressive Ruin.)

If you are like me, you missed out on all of the fun of the Quit Your Day Job/Skullcave Movie Crossover Event because evil humans were making you do homework. Don't despair! It's not late to slake your thirsty soul with the rich, creamy goodness of the Crossover Event!

At the the Skullcave, check out The Cannonball Run of the Living Dead, Jack Bauer and 24 Hours on the Planet of the Apes, Aliens vs Gremlins, From Dusk Til Dawn: Predator, and The Matrix Tron

Then hop on over to Quit Your Day Job to see The Texas Ewok Massacre, Godzilla and King Kong Eat White Castle, Official Soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean: Pretty in Pink, The Adventures of Lance Henriksen Across the Eighth Dimension, and Bettie Page vs. Army of Darkness.

Becca from No Smoking in the Skullcave also has a new entry posted at Pop Culture Heroines about Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 12, 03:01:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Wow Tor Loves Bettie! I haven't thought about that comic in years! I found it at a comic book convention one year but before I had the chance to snatch it up but the creepy and very ... um... forward ...guy who ran the booth came up to me and over-excitedly started touching me; telling me how much he liked my shirt. True the shirt was a giant collage of vintage bondage pictures but he didn't have to touch me to look at it. In anycase I got outta there as quickly as possible and without buying this or a few other very cool books. That bastard.

Thanks for the links! Glad you enjoyed the crossover!

 
At Mon Mar 12, 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Ewww! What an unpleasant memory this image has dredged up for you. My apologies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts