Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Friday, June 08, 2007

Mix Tape

They Might Be GiantsAna Ng
Kidman/WilliamsSomethin Stupid
Dead MilkmenPunk Rock Girl
Talking HeadsOnce in a Lifetime
Bob MarleyGet Up, Stand Up
The CarsMagic
The GratesScience is Golden
The Grates19-20-20
The GratesRock Boys
The RamonesBlitzkrieg Bop
The RamonesI Wanna Be Sedated
The RamonesRock'n'Roll High School
The RunawaysSchool Days
The RunawaysCherry Bomb
The RunawaysWild Thing
Elvis CostelloLipstick Vogue
Elvis CostelloShipbuilding
Elvis CostelloWatching the Detectives
David ByrneLazy
Danielle DaxTomorrow Never Knows
The Flying LizardsMoney
David BowieBlue Jean
David BowieFame
David BowieRebel Rebel
David BowieUnder Pressure
The Pinker TonesKarma Hunters
Martin DennyQuiet Village

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 Comments:

At Fri Jun 08, 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Sleestak said...

I *always* liked "Something Stupid" and when Kidman and Williams covered the song it became far less creepy than when Nancy and her dad performed it.

(Remembers seeing them on the old Glenn Campbell TV show singing it.)

 
At Fri Jun 08, 01:17:00 PM, Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

Excellent mix, Doctor! I'm going to be spending the weekend relaxing with some rum and listening to this music! Runaways forever!

 
At Fri Jun 08, 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Brando said...

Great mix, and I love the video player. I need to learn this 21st century technology!

 
At Fri Jun 08, 02:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left out Voice Farm, Dr. Z. For this mix tape I would choose the Johnny Belinda remix.

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Fri Jun 08, 04:38:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Sleestak: I love that song! I have never seen the Sinatras perform it. I can't imagine it as a father-daughter duet, that does sound creepy. I remember Glenn Campbell - That suddenly makes me feel really old. *Shudder*

SamuraiFrog: You know, I only heard about the Runaways a few years ago, after the Joan Jett "I love Rock and Roll" video on MTV. I am so out of the loop!

Brando: I love your blog! It is only an inline frame, I can show you how to do it if you want.

Tengrain: My bad. I am afraid that I have never heard of them. I promise to look them up!

 
At Fri Jun 08, 09:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will like them -- a lot. "Free Love" is another great choice.

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Sat Jun 09, 01:51:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

I will have to look them up, thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts