Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Important update on all that is retro-hot-pink and fluorescent yellow delicious!

retro-hot-pink and fluorescent yellow delicious!

"Banana Split", the music video made by my favorite French terrorist, Sandra Lou, has been taken off of YouTube! It says, "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." Terms of use violation, indeed! Sandra Lou has never violated a "term of use" in her life! (What the heck is a "term of use violation", anyway?) Clearly this is the work of Homeland Security. Damn you, Michael Chertoff! Go back to selling duct tape to your mindless GOP drones, and leave Sandra Lou alone!

I wrote about Sandra Lou back in May. When I found that the link had gone south, my heart became an empty, aching void. Life was without meaning, everything turned grey, and I became a gelatinous meatloaf of despair. I couldn't eat for days. (Well, I cut down quite a bit. I sort of lost my appetite. I was very upset. I ate smaller portions. OK, already! I ate the same amount, but I didn't enjoy it! Alright? Jeez!)

But then I found a new link to the video! Yay! Here it is! Everything is once again right with the world... Check out those dance moves - she turns left, she turns right, she does the monkey! She does the swim! She does the robot! She bounces up and down! She is wearing a mini-skirt and go-go boots! Sandra Lou is retro-hot-pink and fluorescent yellow delicious! "Ooo-la-la!"

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 Comments:

At Sat Jul 07, 01:09:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Dear Dr. Zaius,

You and Sandra Lou rule! With her on your ticket that monkenstein guy wouldn't have a chance.

I have to admit though, that Sandra Lou is so cute i would like to adopt her.

Mark

 
At Sat Jul 07, 03:11:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Yay! More Sandra Lou!

 
At Sat Jul 07, 04:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Zaius, if you get Sandra Lou on your presidential ticket, I may vote for you ahead of Nancy Pelosi, and yes, I am that shallow.

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Sun Jul 08, 03:07:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Mark: Sandra Lou is indeed yummilicious! A vote of confidence! Thank you! Hey wait, are you one of Monkerstein's cadre of political spies?

Dr. Monkerstein: I really was depressed when I found that the Sandra Lou link had disappeared.

Tengrain: Ahead of Nancy Pelosi! That's sacrilege! It's nice of you to say so, though.

 
At Sun Jul 08, 09:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For purely research purposes, of course, anyone know where who could buy her music or videos?

It's for a scientific paper on French Pop cuties. Big research grant and all.

Not that I'm interested myself at all...

 
At Sun Jul 08, 09:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MWB - have you tried Amazon.fr?

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Sun Jul 08, 10:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tengrain said "MWB - have you tried Amazon.fr?"

One CD single listed - not available.

 
At Sun Jul 08, 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Hi MWB! I like your blog! Especially the Superman cover.

She does have her own website - sandralou.com. Lots of pictures.

You can down load an MP3 of Banana Split from here which is from this site.

imdb
Wikipedia (in French)

Sandra Lou seems to have been a one hit wonder. You can find a couple of videos of her as a television announcer on YouTube, but they are kind of boring. There is one of here doing a comedy skit at an awards program, too. Just search "Sandra Lou" in YouTube. I think that she just had the one hit. There is not really very much about her on the web, unfortunately.

 
At Sun Jul 08, 01:17:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Dr. Zaius,

I am (not) a double agent. Maybe. Or am I?

Sandra Lou has me all mixed up.

Mark

 
At Sun Jul 08, 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Sandra Lou has that effect on me too! I am indeed a secret agent - a secret agent whose heart belongs to Sandra Lou!

 
At Sun Jul 08, 05:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Zaius, thanks for the kind words about my blog and the Sandra Lou links.

Clearly she is the bestest flash in the pan since the last flash in the pan.

And heck, without one hit wonders the foundations of music trivia would collapse of morass of actual substance.

 
At Mon Jul 09, 03:48:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Yes, I agree. Sandra Lou is clearly one of the bestest flashes in the pan ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts