Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sleestak's Pulp Meme

 

I zoomed around the corner into the driveway of Mrs. Hathaway, and turned off the roaring engine of my 1956 Rolls CanHardly. The motor sputtered to a halt with a painfull gasp and fell silent. I climbed out of my car with a grunt and quickly buttoned up my overcoat to stave off the bitter cold of the winter night. The fog was so thick that I could cut it with a knife, but I used a spoon because I wanted to get every drop.

Moonbeams danced across the lawn flamingos as I advanced up the path to the front door. I was just about to ring the doorbell when a woman screamed and a series of gunshots rang out! I quickly looked up, and out of the second story window flew a woman's body, landing with a plop in the begonias. It was Mrs. Hathaway. I knew immediately that this set of circumstances was probably due to an act of foul play, as her body was riddled with bullet holes. Also, the begonias were ruined.

"Did I come at a bad time, Ms. Hathaway?" I asked, as I attempted to staunch the flow blood from her wounds with my monogrammed handkerchief.

"Who are you?" Mrs. Hathaway gasped, grimacing in pain.

"Oh, forgive me. We haven't been properly introduced." I said. "Call me Zaius."

This post is in answer to a pulp meme that was started by Sleestak over at Lady, That's My Skull. You can view the original cover here.

UPDATE: My Running mate, Germaine Gregarious, has created her own entry in the pulp meme. Yay!
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

At Tue Nov 27, 11:17:00 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

It made me laugh. So it worked :)

 
At Tue Nov 27, 01:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait wait don't tell me.

The twist is Ms. Hathaway is a man, your father and your beloved childhood sled.

;-)

 
At Tue Nov 27, 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Sleestak said...

She's been murdered..and someone is responsible!

 
At Tue Nov 27, 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Generalissimo (Dictator) for life said...

Hello Dr. Zaius, I'm back....

 
At Wed Nov 28, 03:44:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Pissed Off Patricia: Cool!

Randal Graves: Thank you, sir.

MWB: Don't give away the ending! Jeepers!

Sleestak: Hmm... Perhaps Col. Mustard in the Library, with the Revolver? Great meme, Sleestak!

Dr. Evil: Welcome back from China, Dr. Evil!

 
At Wed Nov 28, 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

I hope this is not THE Ms. Hathaway, Jethro's gal.

 
At Thu Nov 29, 02:40:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Is there any other Mrs. Hathaway? Don't worry, I bring her back to life in the seventh chapter. (I am a doctor, after all.) Jethro is now on doing decorating for the Logo Channel.

 
At Mon Dec 03, 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Splotchy said...

Alrighty, I may have missed the point entirely of this meme, but I wanted to give it a go, and tried my best to honor the spirit of it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts