Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, December 31, 2007

The Eurythmics

 
Eurythmics Come to America
Ball and Chain (Live)
Beethoven (I Love To Listen To)
Chill In My Heart
Don't Ask Me Why
Do You Want to Break Up
The King and Queen of America
Here Comes the Rain Again [ 2 ]
I Need A Man
It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back) [ 2 ]
I've Got A Life
I Want It All (Peace Tour)
Julia (1984)
King and Queen of America (Live)

I think that we need to start the year off right with some tunes by the Eurythmics. My favorite song sung by Annie Lennox was the haunting "Julia" from the film 1984. I loved all of the music from that film. It is sad to note that in light of what some of the Republican candidates are saying today that the song, "Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves" is actually more relevant now than it was then.

I won't bore you with details about the band, but if you want to find out more about the Eurythmics or Annie Lennox you can check out eurythmics.com, wikipedia/Eurythmics, wikipedia/Annie_Lennox, and the Official Website of Annie Lennox. I will mention that when I was digging through YouTube, I found a great Annie Lennox version of "Winter Wonderland".

Love is a Stranger [ 2 ]
Miracle of Love
Missionary Man
Never Gonna Cry Again
Never Gonna Cry Again (Live)
Put the Blame on Me
Revival (Remastered)
Right By Your Side
Sex Crime
Seventeen Again
Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves
Sweet Dreams (are Made of This)

Sweat Dreams (Remix) [ 2 ]
Sweet Dreams (Grammy Awards)
Sweet Remixed Dreams
Sylvia (Prozac Nation Mash-up)
There Must be an Angel
There Must Be An Angel (Live)
This Is The House (Live)
Thorn in My Side
Walking On Broken Glass (Peace Tour)
When Tomorrow Comes
When Tomorrow Comes (Live)
Winter Wonderland
Who's That Girl?
Who's That Girl? (Live)
Would I Lie to You
Why (Live)
You Hurt Me
Eurythmics (Today Show)
Eurythmics MTV Promo (1983)
Britney Spears Vs. The Eurythmics

These are some videos of Annie Lennox performing Little Bird, Dark Road, When Tomorrow Comes and Sweet Dreams at the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony, and speaking at the Nobel Peace Prize Press Conference.


Below are some links to YouTube videos that you have to view in another browser window because their ability to be embeded has been disabled.

Angel
Here Comes The Rain Again
I Saved the World Today
It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back)
Miracle Of Love
Seventeen Again
Sex Crime
Thorn in My Side
When Tomorrow Comes
Winter Wonderland


UPDATE: StonyPillow (blog?) has pointed out that I have forgotten to include these two songs, "Into the West" and "No More I love You's", and I also found Annie Lennox's YouTube Profile!
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

15 Comments:

At Mon Dec 31, 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

If she sang the phone book I'd listen intently. She and her voice have aged very well.

 
At Mon Dec 31, 11:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd even listen to her singing about hobbits.

And don't forget No More I Love Yous (embeds disabled by request).

 
At Mon Dec 31, 11:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd even listen to her singing about hobbits.

And don't forget No More I Love Yous (embeds disabled by request).

 
At Mon Dec 31, 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could view the videos out here. I miss so much.

You would think with all the money spent on the war effort, they would include some funds so I could watch your videos.

 
At Mon Dec 31, 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Wow...I haven't listened to them in ages, and I really should. One of the best shows I ever went to was when they played Chicago at the Auditorium Theater back in the early 80's.

 
At Mon Dec 31, 04:16:00 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

when I was just a young slip of a girl I used to dance the night away listening to "Love is a Stranger" and lots of other songs, (sigh). those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day... opps wrong song:)

 
At Mon Dec 31, 09:22:00 PM, Blogger BAC said...

Dr. Zaius - this is an excellent way to begin the new year. THANKS!


BAC

 
At Mon Dec 31, 11:54:00 PM, Blogger darkblack said...

When will these humans learn? Singing is for apes only, and they are only fit for grunting and suchlike.

;>)

Happy New Year, Dr. Zaius.

 
At Tue Jan 01, 04:54:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dr. Monkerstein: I agree, Annie Lennox rocks!

StonyPillow: Hey! Thanks for pointing out those two songs! Do you have a blog?

Wyldth1ng: Our soldiers in the field need a lot more than videos. A competent leader would be a good start. Just get home safely, that's all we ask.

Bubs: When I went through the videos, they brought back all kinds of memories. I love this music.

Liberality: I have strong memories of my youth being orchestrated by the Eurythmics. What great songs!

BAC: That's what I thought! Thank you. Annie Lennox will start the year off right for us.

Darkblack: Man can be taught a few simple tricks, nothing more. Happy New Year, Darkblack. Great pix on your blog!

 
At Wed Jan 02, 01:36:00 AM, Blogger darkblack said...

'Great pix on your blog'

And you as well, sir...Always, I am bound to see a revealing artifact of human ridiculousness within these environs.

;>)

 
At Wed Jan 02, 02:20:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Thank you, sir. I may not be human, but I nothing but ridiculousness!

 
At Thu Jan 03, 07:39:00 PM, Blogger Batocchio said...

I completely agree. "Julia" was the most haunting song of the 1984 soundtrack. I just featured one of her new pieces as a music pick at my group blog...

 
At Fri Jan 04, 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

I get chills when I hear that song. On the other hand, I get chills when I hear see that movie, too! What's the link to your group blog?

 
At Sat Jan 05, 12:19:00 PM, Blogger genexs said...

No human ever looked better in Demask outfits! Great post, thanx.

 
At Sun Jan 06, 02:03:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts