Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Forget... Which Part is the 'Medulla' and Which Part is the 'Oblongata'...?

 
No time for blogging today! I am busy reaching across the aisle on the senate floor! Speaker Pelosi has passed the GI Bill in the house, But in the senate it only has 58 sponsors. We need 60 to get past the president's veto! 11 of the sponsors are Republicans, so I am going to see if I can 'persuade' some of their colleagues to see things my way... (I forget... Which part is the 'medulla' and which part is the 'oblongata'...? Oh, never mind! It's all the same anyway...) In the meantime, you can watch these swell music videos! I've got The Friends of Disctinction singing "Love or Let Me Be Lonely", The Velvelettes singing "He Was Really Saying Something", and Mary Wilson singing "Oooh Child". (Lean back and relax, Senator Vitter. This is going to be extremely painful...)
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

At Thu May 22, 07:25:00 AM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

I think that Oooh Oooh Child would make a great campaign theme song for Barack Obama. Of course, some people (Hillaryites) would then point out that his message of hope for the future is so anti-American.

 
At Thu May 22, 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

You know that Vitter might actually like what you're planning. Better pick another gooper!

 
At Thu May 22, 09:42:00 PM, Blogger chaos4700 said...

Hey! I just buzzed over to Crooks and Liars and they're announcing that the GI Bill passed the Senate with a veto-proof majority! Apparently your persuasion worked, Doc Zaius -- though, feel free to keep the gorey details to yourself.

 
At Thu May 22, 09:57:00 PM, Blogger BAC said...

Bah humbug Jess ... Dr. Z, love your choice in music. And yes, it's great news about the GI Bill.


BAC

 
At Fri May 23, 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Jess Wundrun: The problem that Hillary would have with the song, "Oooh Child", is that the singer isn't electable, if you know what I mean. (wink wink)

Randal Graves: The problem that I had with Vitter was that he had no brain to speak of. His skull was filled with empty rhetoric!

chaos4700: Indeed! My work here is done. Now, what do I do with all of these leftover congressional medulla oblongatas?

BAC: I love all of these songs! Mowtown is the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts