Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Sunday, February 25, 2007

YouTubing the Bugaloos

Caroline Ellis

Caroline EllisIn another installment of the "hot actresses in ridiculous outfits from television shows" department, I submit the name of the girl with smile that could melt the hearts of a thousand neo-conservative lobbyists, Caroline Ellis.

I found a link on Bubblegum Fink* to something called The Bugaloos. What I found was an incredibly devoted stalker fansite to a children's show from the early 70's that I had never heard of.

Yes, I know, I know. The show is gayer than Little Richard's underpants. (Insert mandatory Richard Gere gerbil joke here.) but what caught my eye was that it was made by Sid and Marty Krofft, with all of those great fantasy sets and outragous costumes. Also, one Bugaloo in particular caught my eye.

I was hooked once I saw Caroline Ellis shake her gossomer wings in this video. She is extra flower-power granola trippy in the "It's New To You" video, and she sounds as sweet as the Seekers when she is singing "Castles In The Air." She is almost as fetching in the role of damsel in distess as Batgirl! You can find more pictures of Caroline Ellis here and here.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 11, 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Angus said...

Thanks. I had an aching crush on "Joy" for, oh, about 40 years now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts