Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, August 13, 2007

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead.


Wake up - sleepy head,
rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead!
He's gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below...

These are the days of Republican doubt, with President Bush fighting an unpopular war, Congress in opposition hands, and a 2008 presidential field trailing Democrats in nearly every poll. But don't tell that to Karl Rove, Mr. Bush's political alter ego, who even as he prepares to resign from the White House after six and a half years sees recovery ahead. Wall Street Journal

It’s 7:58 a.m. Eastern time, and Karl Rove's exit from the White House emerged several hours ago in a Wall Street Journal column titled "'The Mark of Rove.'" New York TImes

Karl RoveMy first thought when I heard this was that this is happening on the wrong day - White House bad news only comes out on Fridays, so that the media can forget about it over the weekend. It does makes sense that Bush is on vacation the day that Rove leaves, but I think that they plan to have the media poodles gnaw on the Rove story all week to obfuscate some other story that is far more sinister. News stories from the white House doen't just fall out bed on Monday morning for the world to see - unless that's the way that the White House wants it to be. Every single news item they release is orchestrated for the best possible effect. I think that they are up to something...

The big question of the day is Who is going to get the Ruby Slippers?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

At Mon Aug 13, 10:18:00 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

Wicked Wizard. I know the rhyme doesn't work then, but he's not a chick.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go giddily dance like an old-timey gold-struck prospector.

 
At Mon Aug 13, 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Chris Hinrichs said...

Like you, I am suspicious of the timing of this. Who am I kidding? I'm suspicious of ANY move they make.

While this is exciting, I don't know how much of a substantive difference this will make. I'd be much happier if he were being removed forcefully, kicking and screaming. Perhaps by someone with handcuffs.

 
At Mon Aug 13, 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

In the AP story there is mention that Karl Rove said he wanted to leave after the 06 elections but then the Dems gained control of congress and then all the sh*t storms hit regarding the investigations so this is the first best time for Rove to resign.

In other words - exactly what you said. Rove mulled this over for a year and the news comes on Monday morning. Hmmm.

Though I do think he is leaving to sign on with either Romney or Huckabee. I'm just not sure which yet.

 
At Mon Aug 13, 03:21:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I think our friend Jess is onto something, or perhaps as Tengrain suggests, something that includes Young (i feel the throwup in my throat) Republicans.

 
At Mon Aug 13, 04:53:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hopefully Bush will give him a pardon because he didn't do anything wrong.

 
At Mon Aug 13, 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

hey what a great picture for an ELO album cover!

 
At Mon Aug 13, 07:02:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

This is all so easy. I just feel like Rove will still be helping from the sidelines whether he's on the official payroll or not.

 
At Tue Aug 14, 04:00:00 AM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

Yes, the only way he'd concede power is if in the so doing, he gained more. Which will it be, the new guy or the taking the bullet while another scandal seeps through the cracks? We'll have to read between the lines or wait 'til the shit his our faces (after it goes through the fan.). ow

 
At Tue Aug 14, 08:27:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Pissed Off Patricia: I think you are right, there may still be a whole closet full of shoes yet to fall! And finding someone evil enough to fill Rove's shoes will be difficult. But as far as that is concerned, if anyone can find some that evil, Bush and Cheney can!

J.D.: Warlock, more specifically. But attribute my "error" to artistic license. I love your "old-timey gold-struck prospector" reference!

Chris: Rove is still dodging subpoenas. We will just have to wait and see what happens. I'm suspicious of ANY move they make, as well.

Jess Wundrun: You have a much more complex and newsworthy theory than I do. The only subject I brought up was the timing of their "message." I think that you are right, they will put him out to pasture in the evil recesses of the new GOP candidates.

FranIAm: Ick! I have to go wash out my eyes with oven cleaner now. ;o)

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: Ack! Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator is a neocon!

Distributorcap: If you play the president's acceptance speech to "The Wizard of Oz" with the sound off...

Becca: No doubt that is true. The question is why they have done this, and why now?

Freida Bee: I agree. There has to be an underlying motive to their recent actions. I seem to be unable to read between the lines on this one, so when the poop hits the fan, I'm gonna DUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts