Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Would Like to Thank the Academy...

 

I have been awarded the quadruple "E for Excellent Award"! I am greatly honored, and would like to thank Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, BAC from Yikes!, Liberality, and of course my esteemed colleague, Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein from the bottom of my pongoid heart.

I have now no longer just another ordinary blog about an orangutan world leader from the future, I am officially an "E for Excellent" Award winner! I am overwhelmed and overcome with the sheer magnitude of this gesture on the part of my fellow bloggers. (The rumor that I bribed all of the judges is very probably not true - Although I would not like to comment on that matter at this time.)

I am actually terrible about responding to awards. The last time I posted an award (that I got from the wonderful Becca of No Smoking in the Skullcave), I made cute little icons of each of the recipients of the award, and wrote a little paragraph for each blog, and made a graphic, and wrote about it, etc. which was all a lot of work, but nothing compared to the dread I was filled with in having to narrow down my choice to only the prerequisite number of blogs. There are so many terrific blogs out there! It was all so emotionally draining...

Ever since then I have been terrible about not responding to awards, which I am sure that you will agree is a really lame excuse. Well, I have decided not to shirk my important blogging responsibilities any longer, and I shall now meet oncoming awards head on! So here goes... (I must admit that the hardest part of this excercise is still deciding who to give the award to. All of the blogs are so good!)

As Skippy the Bush Kangaroo says, "The rules of the excellent blog award stipulate that once a blog receives it, that blog must then pay it forward to ten other worthy blogs, thus spreading the accolades around blogtopia."

Anyway, here are the awards, in no particular order. If your name is not on this list, I still have a couple of other awards lying around that I plan on distributing in the near future...

I got my first "E for Excellent Award" from Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, who has a far more prestigous and credible blog than mine. Why he picked me I will never guess! It is quite an honor to even be mentioned by Skippy. (I didn't know he read my blog!) I give this award to:

Germaine Gregarious
Jess Wundrun
Blue Gal
Cap'n Dyke, Pirate Queen
No Smoking in the Skull Cave
Freida Bee
Rabbits, Toyen, and so forth
Yikes! [ 2 ]
Angry Ballerina
FranIAm

I also got the "E for Excellent Award" from BAC's great blog at Yikes! BAC is a Hilary Clinton supporter, and I surprised that she has forgiven me for backing Barack Obama! I give this award to:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator
L'ennui mélodieux
Atomic Romance
Comrade Kevin's Chrestomathy
Darkblack
The Dean's Office
PoliTits
Liberality
I, Splotchy
Dguzman

I also got the "E for Excellent Award" from Liberality, who always finds the greatest links, videos and cartoons - and is probably even more left wing than I am! (If that's possible.) I give this award to:

The Inconvienent Truth
Get-Your-Zs
Lady, That's My Skull
DistributorCap NY
Dr. Monkerstein
Morning Martini
MWB's World
Pidomon's Posts
Kelly the Little Black Dog
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo

And I got this last "E for Excellent Award" from my esteemed colleage, Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein, who has just gotten out of surgery. (Why not stop by and sign his stent?) I give this award to
Two Minutes In The Box
Electronic Cerebrectomy
Omnipotent Poobah
Westcoast Walker
Übermilf
Maui Girl
Mock, Paper, Scissors
Anaïs Nohant
House of the Rising Sons
Devilham's Attic

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

23 Comments:

At Wed Feb 27, 07:54:00 AM, Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

Why, thank you to my esteemed colleague!

 
At Wed Feb 27, 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Thank you, sir! I now have two, thanks to Fran, and have given none away. Do I now subscribe to the theories of Gordon Gekko? No, everyone else on my blogroll has one!

 
At Wed Feb 27, 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Congratulations, Dr. Z--who are you wearing?

 
At Wed Feb 27, 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Oh my God!

(Decked out in a black "Cher" gown, Wormer climbs over the backs of other bloggers Roberto Benigni style to get to the stage.)

It's such an honor. I never thought this could happen to me. I guess fat, drunk and stupid really IS the way to go through life...

(Music rises, Zaius shows Dean off the stage.)

Wait, wait...

 
At Wed Feb 27, 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Thank you sir.

 
At Wed Feb 27, 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Faded said...

That's right, beyotches! E is for Excellent! Quiver under the weight of my enormous award!

All Praises be unto Zaius

 
At Wed Feb 27, 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Angry Ballerina said...

Word, thanks lovey.

 
At Wed Feb 27, 02:03:00 PM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

Dear Doctor,

I'll save my speech for my blog (isn't that what our blogs are, our speeches?)

Your blog and your humor truly are excellent and I am honored that you are the one who gave me the (as Randal calls it) big Enron E for my sidebar!

 
At Wed Feb 27, 02:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again Dr. Z.

And thanks for the nod in turn.

I am however a bit disappointed in that vegetarian pate....oh, my...the cat you say.

Nevermind.

 
At Wed Feb 27, 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

Mamma was WRONG! You can get what you want by whining. Thanks ever so much for the big E.

 
At Wed Feb 27, 03:34:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

I'm excellent! *claps*

Thank you!

 
At Wed Feb 27, 07:12:00 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I got an E?
Why thank you Dr Z
Cheese Bras for everyone!

 
At Wed Feb 27, 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

thank you thank you thank you
no going Sally Field!

(ps your award is So well deserved)

 
At Wed Feb 27, 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Thank you, thank you everybody. I'd just like to say--

*Music plays*

Darn.

 
At Wed Feb 27, 08:40:00 PM, Blogger Mauigirl said...

Thank you so much! I am honored!

Now I must pass this on!

 
At Wed Feb 27, 11:09:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Party on! Excellent!

 
At Thu Feb 28, 09:46:00 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said...

Run, Dr. Zaius! That evil chimp is trying to choke you with a ribbon from behind!

 
At Thu Feb 28, 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

thanks again for all you do. you do have a most excellent blog!

 
At Thu Feb 28, 05:54:00 PM, Blogger darkblack said...

Well, you certainly have a plethora of prizes to diligently distribute, dear Doctor.

;>)

Thank you so much for this delightful vowel, which I accept on behalf of peace-loving alien warlords galaxywide.

And I find it admirable that you have created meaningful employment for the less-gifted among the species, as seen in the final photo - such forward thinking should foment a most remarkable Apeocalypse, indeed.

 
At Thu Feb 28, 09:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dr. Z...I thank you and the other members from the bottom of my bottomless heart.

Simians Rule!

 
At Fri Feb 29, 08:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! And don't you dress up beautifully? Yes, yes you do!

 
At Sat Mar 01, 12:35:00 AM, Blogger BAC said...

Dr. Zaius ... you know you will always have a special place in my heart!


BAC

 
At Sun Mar 02, 08:52:00 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Dear Dr. Zaius-

I am floored and I am honored. To receive this from you is the icing on the cake too.

Your blog is so great and your extremely creative talents shine through, so you deserve all the versions of this award that you got.

I remember (FranIam serious moment alert!!) that the first time you either mentioned me in a post or commented on my blog was one of those days when I felt like I really could play with the big kids moments.

Thank you Dr. Z for selecting me and my little bloggy and thank you for putting me up there with such highly esteemed blogging colleagues!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts