Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Who's That Spartan In My Teepee?" "It's me! It's Me!"

 
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26
It never ceases to amaze me how often I will accidentally find something really cool on a search engine that I wasn't actually looking for. Recently I found several versions of the SNL Spartan Cheerleading Skit performed by various kids from different schools across the country. After I watched two or three of them I was hooked! It's really fun to note the differences in delivery and diction of the young thespians, as well as the ways in which the sketches are staged and rewritten. My personal favorite is this one, but I also really liked these versions: [ 2, 4, 5, 6, 9 ] I really enjoyed how they managed to play out the pathos in the ending in this version, and this version from the Montgomery Community Vacation Bible School gets a special award for unintentional self-parody and general creepiness.
 

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

At Sun Sep 14, 05:55:00 PM, Blogger BAC said...

Yes, the Montgomery Community Vacation Bible School was great! I think I dated that guy in high school ... yikes!


BAC

 
At Mon Sep 15, 08:40:00 AM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Yes we need good strong Christian men to volunteer? The skit is funny, but it does get a little creepy.

 
At Mon Sep 15, 02:05:00 PM, Blogger Video Zeta One said...

Just uncovered your site and am thrilled to have yet another excuse to waste time at work. It appears that simian blogs are vastly superior to those of man.

 
At Wed Sep 17, 01:19:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

BAC: You dated that guy? Eek!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: Yep. I thought it was kind of creepy, too.

gilligan: Yay! I like your blog. I have blogrolled you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts