Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Friday, May 29, 2009

She Noticed Me! She Noticed Me! Amy Walters Noticed Me!

 

I would like to personally congratulate Amy Walter for being named one of the Top 50 Journalists in Washingtonian Magazine! I just found out about this, I'm very excited for her.

For those of you who don't know who Amy Walter is, I should tell you that she is the Editor in Chief of "The Hotline" and has a weekly column in National Journal. She is part of a hoity-toity, non-partisan news organization that provides "Insight for Insiders" to members of Congress, Capitol Hill staffers, the White House, Executive Branch agencies, the media, think tanks, corporations, associations and lobbyists. This is the news that the stiffs in Washington are watching.

She has been a panelist and commentator on Face the Nation (CBS), Meet the Press (NBC), Washington Journal (C-SPAN), Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO), and The Early Show (CBS) and was a member of CNN's Emmy-award winning election night team in 2006. Ms. Walter also has her own YouTube show on Hotline TV. (You can read more about her awesome accomplishments at this link.)

She has been called a "force in political analysis", but we really shouldn't hold this against her. What is perhaps most distressing about Ms. Walter is that she actually seems to know what she is talking about.

Ms. Walter's greatest strength is that she is just very smart and clever, and her take on politics is enlightening and enjoyable to listen to. She is not yet another media-mill puppy farm 'blonde beauty pageant winner turned TV news anchor' added to give some TV 'news' program a manufactured, overly-scripted, sponsor-endorsed 'female perspective'. She is just very good at what she does.


As I have blogged about Ms. Walter in the past, I was pleasantly surprised to find that she is on Facebook. I was further delighted to find that she has actually seen my posts about her!


I was a bit miffed that the quote that she liked from another fan's email was actually lifted from one of my previous posts about her:

Am I the only nerd that has a crush on Amy Walter? When she says the word "gerrymander," it makes me want to appoint a special counsel to the UN. She can hold a special election in my district any day.

But then again, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I am just happy that Ms. Walter noticed my posts about her. (She noticed me! She noticed me!)


There are some other clips of Ms. Walter on the internet, including her getting a word in edgewise on Real Time with Bill Maher (2:53). You can also watch Ms. Walter give this great speech where she explains the reason why 'bridezilla' Barack Obama did not get married to Hillary Clinton (or even let her become the maid of honor... Or something... I am not sure that I understood this part of the speech very well). She also discusses how John McCain could improve his image on camera if he was animated by Hanna-Barbera, and she even talks about the relative merits of the morning-time usage of a kazoo.

I think that Amy Walter should have her own TV show!
 

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

At Fri May 29, 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the whole, Wilma Deering Look. Great Call! And a nostalgic moment for me to boot.

 
At Fri May 29, 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

You had to ruin a perfectly good demonstration of your cross-species crush with that shot of Charlie, didn't you. Where's your empathy?

 
At Fri May 29, 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

Who says cyber-stalking doesn't pay?

 
At Fri May 29, 04:30:00 PM, Blogger ZIRGAR said...

Mazel tov!

 
At Fri May 29, 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Agi said...

I dig the golden bikini.

 
At Sat May 30, 10:34:00 AM, Blogger BAC said...

How exciting for you Dr. Z ... so when are the two of you meeting for a power lunch?


BAC

 
At Sat May 30, 07:32:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Seeing Eye Chick: Wilma Deering was the only good part of that show. Even in the old comic strip, she was the real focus of the story! That, and the cool ray guns and space ships.

Randal Graves: My apologies, Randal. It was either Charlie or that ridiculous John Mercurio character. **feh**


Jess Wundrun: Hey! This isn't cyber-stalking! This is more like awkwardly over-obsequious hero worship with miniskirts and go go boots. ;o)

Zirgar: Good fortune to you as well! :o)

Agi: Golden bikinis are one of the few things that mankind has created that are worth a damn.

BAC: Ack! Amy Walter will never see me for lunch. She is an important mainstream media mucky-muck, and I am merely a lowly blog droid. :o(

 
At Mon Jun 01, 02:37:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Congratulations! Now you've hit the big time, Zaius.

 
At Tue Jun 02, 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

I'm just happy that she noticed me. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts