Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Would Like to Thank the Academy...

 

I would like to thank Sunandheir of knightandstars for awarding me the coveted Dardos Award! You are very kind, sir.

The Dardos Award

I am afraid that I have been remiss in my blog meme duties as of late, and I intend to start making up for that in the comng weeks. (I haven't forgotten about Splotchy's story meme, Liberality.)

The Dardos Award is described thus: An award given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

I am going to change the rules slightly in this one case, and bestow these Dardos Awards on some great blogger artists. I'm not talking about the neferious gang of tweakers of pixels and collage makers (like myself) who spend our time on the computer chopping off famous people's heads and putting them on other people's bodies.

I'm talking about the bloggers that actually use pencil and paper, pen and ink, and the more traditional tools of the trade. These are some of my favorite blogger artists.

Now here are the rules:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.

2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

So here are blogger artists in alphabetical order:


Susan of Adventures, Ink, Baby Days, and phantsythat does wonderful black and white line drawings, as well as watercolors and handmade silk bags.


TF of the The Anti-Bullshit Dome of Wonder! does great comic strips and cartoons in pen and ink and colored pencils.


I think that you can guess why I like the work of Jintrinsique. Not all great art is created with a brush or a pencil! Sometimes you need a fork and a napkin to appreciate it.


Mark Poutenis has a great topical comic strip called the The Thinking Ape Blue.


What Now Cartoons has some great political cartoons.


And so does Zen Comix.


And even though she has already received a Dardos Award, there is no way I could do a post about great blog artists without including Becca of No Smoking in the Skullcave.
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 Comments:

At Tue Jun 16, 11:28:00 AM, Blogger ZIRGAR said...

Congratulations, oh, grand Zaius the magnificent one! Well earned. Here, here!

 
At Tue Jun 16, 11:48:00 AM, Blogger jin said...

Well Thank You kind Sir! I don't know quite what to say! I shall post about it ASAP!
:-D

 
At Tue Jun 16, 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm flattered, flabbergasted, and finally honored to receive this fine simian award. I will be posting it shortly. Hey, has any one seen the Planet of the Apes commercial for recording programs on ones TV via Internet? It picks up right where Tim Burton left off.
Thanks again
What Now Toons

 
At Tue Jun 16, 01:08:00 PM, Blogger okjimm said...

//.... chopping off famous people's heads and putting them on other people's bodies.//

an art form all it's own.

 
At Tue Jun 16, 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Thomas Fummo said...

*weeps with joy, surprise, rage, hunger and slight gassy discomfort*

wow.
This is my first award...
I am deeply honoured to recieve this award:
a) because it's for something I really enjoy doing and put a lot of thought into
b) because it's from you.

I can't thank you enough :-)

 
At Tue Jun 16, 09:16:00 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

congrats to you dear Doctor. and I already told ISplotchy that my meme replication efforts have failed so don't sweat it.

 
At Tue Jun 16, 10:02:00 PM, Blogger susan said...

I'm very flattered to have been included in the ranks of such a wonderful and talented group of artists. This was a real surprise from my favorite doctor.. and I've been on the payroll of quite a few.

 
At Wed Jun 17, 07:23:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Zirgar: Thank you, Zirgar! :o)

Jin: Yay! Thanks, Jin!

Keith: I did see that commerical! The human say that humans are smarter than apes. Ha! ;o)

OKJimm: Indeed! And not as bloody as one might think... ;o)

TF: Gassy discomfort? I'll get you a bromo! :o)
I'm glad that you liked it, TF.

Liberality: I'll get around to it, as well as the Honest Weblog Award you gave me. I promise!

Susan: I love your work. Part of it's charm is that it is often autobiographical. :o)

 
At Wed Jun 17, 08:38:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Ethical? You want to lobotomize humanity! You should only want to lobotomize the 98% that doesn't include me!

 
At Wed Jun 17, 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Steve said...

congrats and so glad you included Becca because she rocks it

 
At Fri Jun 26, 04:51:00 PM, Blogger zencomix said...

Thanks for the nod!

 
At Fri Jun 26, 09:34:00 PM, Blogger Otak kiri said...

August 2021 was my first time ever going abroad. Although I have seen many people from abroad in Hollywood (or Bollywood) movies, the impression of meeting with  various kinds of people around the world cara menghilangkan jerawat made me so nervous. At first I thought that Americans are always blonde, white, and very tall. But, I knew that it wasn't true and some people had told me so. However, as I landed my feet on the US land, I couldn't resist to not asking questions in my head about the people around me. Why are some Americans  very white, have a beautiful blonde hair, and their eyes are so blue as clear as water. I found out that it was rather intimidating for me. rental mobil jogja I am a south east Asian born with black  hair, dark-brown eyes, brown skin, and a not-so-tall body. I wonder why God created us differently. Then I saw some people from other countries who are really black, I mean they have a very dark skin. In Indonesia, we sometimes identify skin color as white and black (it has nothing to do with racism), but what we mean by white is a very bright brown and what we mean by black is a very dark brown. It was just I had not seen someone like that yet. In addition, there are many other questions I asked. Why do they have such a thick accent, why do they love speaking so loud, or just why are they so tall.

I think stereotype sometimes help a lot in encouraging racism.  For example, blonde usually is stereotyped as bad in mesothelioma vs lung cancer mathematics while Asians are usually very good in calculus and science. It is not always true for everyone, but it usually does. I have a friend who asked me, "Why are you so good in math? Is it because you are Asian?" I am sure he was just kidding, but he made me think. I have a part-time job as a tutor in a residential house and every night three to five students come in for help. Sometimes, they do need a lot of help in math, but sometimes their math isn't that bad. Some of them, as a matter of fact, do a wonderful job in other subjects but math. I was amazed by how good they are doing in biology, or graphic designs, or whatever they like. It made me realize that there are always good and bad in every person.

It took me some time to get used to people around me. In my sophomore year, I joined an International menghilangkan jerawat dan bekasnya Organization named Students for Global Connection. It is a group of International students (including Americans) that provides a place for International students to make friends and organize events together. I met wonderful students from different countries across the world and we had stories to tell. Yes, we have many differences and we always work on them. However, isn't it nice to taste a piece of other countries in the world from people who actually from that country? Last semester we had an event called the Worldwide Showcase. It is a cultural show performed by different groups of students from different countries. We provided a place for International Students to show their cultures and for American public to see other cultures. It was a pretty successful show, and we were proud of ourselves. Finally, I understood that the differences are to be respected Jasa SEO Judi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts