Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The big cheese stands alone.

Pelosi shows President Bush the ropes - !

President Bush spoke at a House Democrat's retreat on Saturday to the new congressional majority, and seemed to be trying to make amends for his an earlier gaffe.

In his State of the Union address the president, the president had said, "Democrat majority," as opposed to the "Democratic majority." Some had taken offense at what appeared to be a blatant attempt to insult the Democrats. The SoTU was not the first incorrect usage of the word by Republicans in recent months.

"Now look, my diction isn't all that good," Bush said. "I have been accused of occasionally mangling the English language. And so I appreciate you inviting the head of the Republic Party."

Read it carefully - the president made a funny!

Unintentionally funny: Pelosi introduced the president from a lectern bearing the slogan "Governing for a New Direction." Bush spoke from his own lectern a few feet away emblazoned with the presidential seal.

seattlepi.com: Bush puts 'ic' back in 'Democrat Party'

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

At Mon Feb 05, 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Kelly the little black dog said...

I love these images of Nancy.

 
At Mon Feb 05, 08:47:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Hilarious! You rock on photshop my friend!

 
At Tue Feb 06, 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Kelly the dog: Thanks! I think that I am up to 15 now. There are so many negative pictures from both sides of the aisle, I just like the idea of making some positive pictures of Speaker Pelosi.

becca: You are still the sensai, oh wise one. I never mentioned it, but on your site, when you made the Emma Peel-Anne Hathaway hybrid (Yowsa!) you gave me a good clue on coloring. Thank you for that! I bow to the master! ("We're not worthy! We're not worthy!")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts