Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Let Karl Rove sell his own damn cookies!

Dont't sell Girl Scout Cookies for Karl Rove

Zaius NationI have received a couple of emails from a fellow (who I guess should remain nameless for some reason or another) that wrote to me to state that I was in some kind of minority, and suggested that I read from his tree of knowledge about why I must be wrong about defending the Democratic Congressional leadership. What's funny is that he professed to be a democrat himself.

He tried to blame the war in Iraq on the Democrats! He also said that the Democrats deliberately "caved in" because they were afraid of how they would "look," and yet in the same email he acknowledged that there were just not enough votes to override the president's veto. (Cousin IT syndrome.) He even tried to disparage Representative Henry Waxman.

My first thought was, if you want to be a whiney little crybaby looking for a comforting shoulder to boo-hoo on, why don't you do it on you own blog? But of course he doesn't have a blog, nor does he have the cajones to post his comments publically like everyone else.

To this particular emailer, I would just like to suggest that he take Karl Rove's opinion, and shove it so far up his ass that it comes spilling out his mouth. Oh, wait - he's already done that! That is what his whole email was about! Good luck in you new positition as tentacle bearer third class in the GOP Cthulu Corps.

As a Democrat, I welcome all comers to our big tent - even you, GOP Cthulu boy. Just don't expect me to agree with you, or the ridiculous simpering tone of your email. Why don't you get back to me after you grow a pair, Sunshine.

For those that are complaining that the Democratic leadership has not delivered a non-stop fairy tale ending that meets their expectations, let me just remind you that the Democrats only have a slim majority in the house and the senate.

If they can't take that slim majority and use it to stop speeding locomotives and leap over tall building in a single bound after only a few months, then I can only console myself with the fact that the Republicans have had years to mess things up this badly. It might just take a while to clean things up.

A slim majority is only a slim majority, and you can only work with what you've got. I am increasing dismayed at how many Democrats are selling Girl Scout Cookies for Karl Rove lately. Let Karl Rove sell his own damn cookies.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

11 Comments:

At Wed Jun 13, 01:10:00 PM, Blogger Angry Ballerina said...

To your dumb shit emailer:

Fuck you, lazy ass finger pointing, misguided cocksucking dipshit. Please remove your cranium from your anus and choke. I would like a precise explanation as to WHY you think that the Iraqi War was started by the Dems. Bring it. We are knee deep in shit these days, and it's going to take a fucking miracle to get us out of it, so stop the whining, the finger pointing, and get your stupid ass proactive, become more vocal in a public setting, bring our goddamn troops home and help educate others who need the ass kicking. I'm done. I'm pissy sorry .

 
At Wed Jun 13, 01:18:00 PM, Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

Wow, Angry Ballerina kind of scares me. Not as much as the picture you made for this post, mind!

We've tried it with the Republicans in power for a long time now; most of my life, in fact. It took a long time to get to this point of hopelessness, and I understand that people want out as quick as can be, but we have to be realistic about this. A lot of people are worried that Lieberman is going to swing over any second and finally became a Republican in name, too, and there goes the Senate majority. The Democrats have to build, and that's what they're doing. A lot of this is going to hinge on the election next year and who gets voted in; I hope more people do their part.

Excellent post, Doctor. You're absolutely right.

 
At Wed Jun 13, 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Angry Ballerina: He didn't say that the Democrats started the war. He was blaming the war in Iraq on the Democrats because they didn't just pull some magic "defund" button, and make it all go away like magic.

He also said that Bush didn't need any money from Congress, that he could have found other methods to get the money.

He also said that congress would not stop war because of their vanity.

He also said that simply defunding the war would have no negative effect whatsoever, either on the troops or the party.

He also said that Congress does not have a enough votes to override Bush's veto, which is about is about the only sane thing he said.

It is mixed up word salad without any croutons. It is disingenuous to say all of things at once, and especially without explanation. When I pressed him for references, he would not give actual URLs, he would just vaguely say "oh, go here, scroll down, it's around there somewhere." The man is a pompous twit.

No, he's worse. He is tentacle bearer third class in the GOP Cthulu Corps.

SamuraiFrog: I am afraid that you actually said it far more eloquently than I did. (Doh!) I was just kind of venting. It's all about trying to build some kind of momentum for the next election. You just said it better than I did.

 
At Wed Jun 13, 02:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Z - I understand your position, and I agree with much of it.

The problem with building momentum for the next election is that every day, kids are dying in Iraq. I cannot overlook that, and I don't think we should wait for 18 months (1800 deaths?) if there is any chance to stop it now.

So Plan A did not work, on to plan B. I'm not upset with the non-binding resolution failing, I'm upset that they did not have a fallback.

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Wed Jun 13, 02:53:00 PM, Blogger Angry Ballerina said...

And this ladies and gents is why you don't surf the web when your PMSing. Still sounded good tho.

 
At Wed Jun 13, 03:14:00 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

My worst fear is that the GOPers have taken this country so far into the event horizon that no matter what the Democrats try to do we are going into the big black hole and the country is just totally screwed over beyond repair. That is my worst fear. I'm just hoping I'm too paranoid for my own good and things aren't nearly as bad as they seem. I do believe that Democrats are trying to change the direction of this country but it will take more than a couple of months to get things fixed.

 
At Wed Jun 13, 03:42:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dr. Monkerstein Thank you, Doctor. I think that sticking it to idiots is what we do best!

Tengrain And I understand your position, but kids are dying in Iraq because not enough Republicans will vote to stop the war, and not because of a failure of leadership. These magic "defunding" buttons that people are talking about are a little more dangerous on many levels than the critics let on. And I don't think that the Democrats are without a fallback position. I just think that they are just between a rock and a hard place. Whether you think that they are using the right or wrong tactic, (and I wonder about that too) I have no doubt that it is very clear in their mind that lives are at stake, both American and Iraqi. They have to do it themselves, no one else can step up to the plate for them. I just support them, even if they make a mistake or two.

Angry Ballerina I liked your comment! I wish that I could command as much fire and brimstone as you can.

Liberality That's a very real concern, but not one that is good to dwell on. We just have to push forward and make changes as best we can. We got over McCarthyism, we can get over this.

 
At Wed Jun 13, 06:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fine post, Dr. Z.

And there's nothing like taking on a pile of shit and being expected to turn it into gold overnight.

The mess took time to gel and so will the solution.

 
At Thu Jun 14, 01:26:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Ha! You have put it very eloquently, DCup. Concise, neat and to the point. Thank you for your kind words.

 
At Thu Jun 14, 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Nice comment thread. and PMSing is the only way to comment when you're mad.

I hate the dems for caving and not growing a pair themselves. But yeah, we didn't elect enough of them last time AND people in CT seem to think Lieberman is one. So there's some probs to work out.

 
At Thu Jun 14, 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

They can only work with what they've got, and a slim margin is all we gave them. We must change the hearts and minds of the people to give our leaders more to work with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts