Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, August 06, 2007

Tom Tancredo is Like a Giant Vat of Marshmallow Stupid

 
Colorado Representative Tom Tancredo
Presidential wannabe and current Colorado Representative Tom Tancredo stands by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good "deterrent" to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States.

"If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina," Tancredo said.

"That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack."

The holy cities of Mecca and Medina are in Saudi Arabia, which is an American Ally. CNN, via Blue Gal
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

At Mon Aug 06, 06:51:00 AM, Blogger Johnny Yen said...

After World War II, there was a study called the Strategic Air Survey that studied the effects of the huge bombing raids on Germany. It was discovered that these raids did little to hurt German industrial production-- the Germans merely dispersed their factories. In fact, the Germans produced several times more guns, airplanes, tanks, etc. in 1944 than they had in 1940, as they started the war. The effect that the raids did have was to mobilize German civilians against the Allies.

 
At Mon Aug 06, 02:27:00 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

[stares big-eyed at computer monitor with jaw hitting the floor]

 
At Mon Aug 06, 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Some Guy said...

How is there a sitting congressman AND legitimate republican presidential candidate that holds this belief? The first time I heard about him talking like this, I brushed it off as a desperate act of political gamesmanship by a lower-tier candidate. Then I heard him repeat it in the debate, and with much more force, (even saying something along the lines of anyone who DOESN'T ascribe to this policy is unfit to run for president), and I decided that this nut actually believes this! If the republicans had any shame, they'd tell this guy, "Sorry Tommy, that's a little TOO nutty, even for us. You need to get out."

I posted about this myself today. This kind of nutttery needs to be exposed as much as possible.

 
At Tue Aug 07, 09:11:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Johnny Yen: Yes, and Tancredo's idea could only have a similar effect. The worst part of his plan is that you would be attacking Saudi Arabia, one of our few allies in the region. Tom Tancredo is like a giant vat of marshmallow stupid.

J.D.: Yeah, I did that too!

Chris: The scary thing about Tancredo is that he may not be the craziest Republican running. Ouch! You know, you are right, you can be pretty sarcastic. I blogrolled you anyway!

FranIAm: Tancredo is indeed a menace. Hey, I thought I had already blogrolled you...I guess not! Well, that's taken care of! Thank you for blogrolling me!

 
At Tue Aug 07, 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Some Guy said...

Thanks! I've been enjoying your blog as well. Consider yourself linked!

 
At Fri Aug 10, 06:42:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Yay! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts