Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Rep. Jack Kingston: "Do as I say, not as I do..."

 

After reading a really great post by Distributorcap about Rep. Jack Kingston yesterday, it reminded me of a post that I did about Rep. Kingston back in December. What I really liked about the post was that somebody accessed my page from Rep. Kingston's blog, or more specifically his stat page. Here is a screen cap of the hit on my stat page.

It could have been anybody that accessed my page, he does not have his site's statistics set to private. Still, I like to think that it was someone from Rep. Kingston's office - perhaps even old Jack himself! It would seem likely that it is from Kingston or someone in his office in that it is actualy from the right state, and usually only a blog or website's owner pores through a site's statistical data.

Here is a quote from the post:

Now the Democrats want to go to change everything to a 5 day work week, with less time off for vacation. Don't they realize that the Republican congress has important lobbying to do? Rep. Jack Kingston, (R-Ga) warns that the "The K Street money is going to drift away from us."

All of the Republicans are grumbling about the burden of having to more than sixteen hours a week, but Rep. Kingston seems to be the strongest defender of the previous 3-Day work week that House of Representatives have enjoyed for so many years.

"Keeping us up here eats away at families," Kingston told the Post. "Marriages suffer. The Democrats could care less about families -- that's what this says."

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) was suggesting that he was being overworked by Nancy Pelosi when he was asked to work five days a week.

Later, Kingston seemed to have different advice for the rest of America. During the debate over minimum wage issues, he stated that if people want to get out of poverty they need to work longer hours and get married. Here is a qute from a more recent Zaius Nation post about Kingston, "I'm overworked, you're a lazy bum.":

Kingston: If the Democrat Party truly wanted to take on poverty, they would have to say what is the relationship between marriage and the poverty level and between hours worked and the poverty level, because the truth of the matter is, if people end poverty, many of them would marry and work 40 hours a week, they would be out of poverty. [...] It’s not something I have the knowledge of or the information of, but it’s an economic fact that I hope we could have committee hearings on and discuss this. If we want to attack poverty, that’s where we need to go. With that, I yield back the balance of my time. Think Progress

Paradoxically, Kingston said that this was "not something I have the knowledge of or the information of..." and yet asserted that "It’s an economic fact." Certainly an interesting choice of words.

it is estimated that the annual salary for full-time workers earning the federal minimum wage still leaves a family of three about $6,000 short of the poverty threshold.

This video of Kingston from that period is hilarious! I think that Kingston is at least as funny as Senator Larry Craig (R-ID). It's fun to visit Rep. Kingston's blog from time to time, just to see what the old boy is up to. Right now he has a new post defending Rush Limbaugh's recent attack on soliders that are against the war, comparing them to suicide bombers. A few posts down Rep. Kingston complains about the General Petraeus/"General Betray Us" ad that ran in the New York Times. Kingston's blog is alway good for a giggle!
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

At Sat Oct 06, 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

thanks for the plug Dr Z!

and more good fun reading on Dr J..

he is quite the human isnt he? makes his mommy and the people of Georgia proud to have such a douchebag representing them. I BET good money that Dr J has a wide stance.

 
At Sat Oct 06, 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

is he kinda cross eyed?

what was that your mama always told you about spending too much time reading magazines in the bathroom?

 
At Sat Oct 06, 07:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What everyone said. I won't retell my Kingston story here. But I'm tickled with your Kingston quote that shows he doesn't grasp the use of the word Democratic.

 
At Sat Oct 06, 09:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he's that way because someone knocked him silly...at least that's ONE explanation for the cross eyes.

 
At Sun Oct 07, 07:50:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Distributorcap: That was a great post, DC. Kingston is a Georgia peach!

Jess Wundrun: I am afraid that I doctored the photo. distributorcap has a copy of the unaltered image. :o)

SamuraiFrog: I like the way you talk! I didn't know that Kingston was on Bill Maher's show, though. That would be interesting to watch!

DCup: Now I want to know what your Kingston story is!

Omnipotent Poobah: I am afraid that I doctored the photo. distributorcap has a copy of the unaltered image. :o)

 
At Mon Oct 08, 06:53:00 AM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

I bow before your photoshopping skilz.

 
At Mon Oct 08, 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Kelly the little black dog said...

There goes my theory about Republicans and beady little crossed eyes.

 
At Tue Oct 09, 06:43:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Jess Wundrun: You are too kind.

Kelly the dog: They still have an evil laugh, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts