Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Olympic Women's Beach Volleyball!

 
No time for blogging today! As a matter of fact, I might be kind of busy all week. Just in time for the Blogger Beach Party, this week we have Women's Beach Volleyball at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games! For the latest Olympic Women's Beach Volleyball TV schedule information, go to NBCOlympics.com [ 2 ]

I find that I am lacking a certain something when it comes to sports on television. It was not a lack knowledge of these sports on my part that poses a problem, as my ignorance on any issue has never stopped me from making very opinionated statements on an entire range of subjects in the past. No, what is lacking on my part is... Interest.

I find that most sports leave me quite disinterested. I am not saying that watching grunting, sweaty men playing with their balls is not of interest to some - clearly there is an audience for that sort of thing. I am just attempting to point out that there is a sport that is far more interesting and exciting than this standard media fare. I am speaking of course of women's beach volleyball!

Even with only a rudimentary knowledge of the rules of the game, I find that I am still captivated by the vigorous serves, lively rallying and brightly colored costumes. I believe that the game far superior to any of the sports I commonly see on television. The game is so captivating, I don't even bother to keep score!

 

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 Comments:

At Sat Aug 09, 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said...

"Maaaaarge... I've been watching women's volleyball..."

 
At Sat Aug 09, 01:09:00 PM, Blogger Dave The Angry Rhode Islander said...

I think the ancient Greeks enjoyed this game too, except it was all-male.

 
At Sat Aug 09, 05:37:00 PM, Blogger FreakyNick said...

OH yeah, greatest sport ever!

Don't you dare ask me the score, I'm not that superficial. I just love to watch those athletes.

It's the love of the sport, not who wins, that's important.

 
At Sat Aug 09, 08:53:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Mr He Is has been particularly obsessed with the women's volleyball.

Uniforms.

 
At Sun Aug 10, 12:41:00 PM, Blogger DivaJood said...

What uniforms?

 
At Sun Aug 10, 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

Yep, this and women's volleyball.

Or Eastern European tennis players who grunt while serving.

 
At Mon Aug 11, 01:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one so captivated.

 
At Mon Aug 11, 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Angry Ballerina said...

I think you just like it bc of the same reason why Slick likes gymnastics.

Hot women (or little girls...I should watch him...) in very little clothing.

 
At Mon Aug 11, 11:44:00 AM, Blogger can I go fishing now ? said...

I find almost any team that can play nearly 100 games without 1 loss amazing. (Walsh/Trainer) I hardly even notice the skimpy little suits that ride up everytime they jump or reach for the ball or the way they keep having to brush the sand off of their bottoms or................sorry I got caught in the moment.
Anyway, BEST WISHES to our girls

 
At Mon Aug 11, 01:25:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Übermilf: Shh! don't tell her!

Dave The Angry Rhode Islander: The Greeks didn't know what they were missing!

niCk (Mem Beth): Indeed! The love of the sport! I am with with you on this point. (The bikinis are quite nice too, though...)

FranIAm: Indeed! The uniforms are definitely one of the highlights of the game!

DivaJood: Don't be silly! Of course they have uniforms! Look a little harder...

Comrade Kevin: Tennis OK. Women's volleyball is better. Women's beach volleyball is best!

The Ardent Thread: Ah, you are a connoisseur of the finer things in life, as well! ;o)

Angry Ballerina: Don't be silly! It's the love of the sport! (Although the uniforms are quite delightful, I must say...)

can I go fishing now ?: Walsh/Trainer rule! Here is to their victory in Beijing in 2008!

 
At Tue Aug 12, 02:09:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Wait, I'm interested in women's beach volleyball too. I actually know what those "twos" mean!

 
At Tue Aug 12, 07:18:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i like a lot of the olympics this year much more than i thought i would (i much prefer the winter olympics).

perhaps its my brand new 46" 1080i digital hd flat screen tv.

but i still think water polo is pretty boring to watch.

it might as well be marco polo.

"it looks like the american marco polo team is going to take the gold again this year, brian!"

"right you are, pete! you'd think that china, with its close personal history with the inventor of the game, would have an advantage, but we've seen today that you just can't stop team america from being the 'it' girls!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts