Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, August 18, 2008

Young Sherlock Holmes

 


One of my favorite movies is the film, "Young Sherlock Holmes". When it first came out there was a computer generated sequence that involved one of the character's hallucination of a knight that pops out of a stained glass window that was unlike anything that I had ever seen on film before. (Unfortunately, I cannot find a video clip of this scene.) I watched the film on HBO over and over because of this one scene.



Another scene that I quite liked was the scene where a young Dr. Watson has a frightening drug-induced hallucination of a series of bakery goods that came to life. Here we see a picture of the beginning of the hallucination as an eclair is opening it's eyes for the first time...



Then all of the baked goods come to life...



And force young Watson to eat them!


 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

At Mon Aug 18, 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Same thing with me. Those donuts force themselves down my throat.

Great move, btw.

 
At Tue Aug 19, 07:55:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

This is why I should be able to buy hallucinogens out of a vending machine.

 
At Tue Aug 19, 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Unconventional Conventionist said...

Hallucinogenic baked goods! They gotta go on the National Happy Hour menu by cracky!

 
At Tue Aug 19, 02:23:00 PM, Blogger dguzman said...

I too loved this movie. Thanks for reminding me of it.

 
At Tue Aug 19, 08:13:00 PM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

Perhaps, I am a prime candidate to hold the community snipe bag, but wowzers that looks like a cool movie! I've never seen it. Goin' in the Netflix.

 
At Wed Aug 20, 07:07:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dean Wormer: Indeed! I am force fed by chocolate hallucinations on a daily basis. (What do you mean, "Great move" though?)

Randal Graves: An interesting argument for changing the contents of vending machines...

Unconventional Conventionist: But of course! A great idea, UC. :o)

Dguzman: It's a great movie! And I love Sherlock Holmes stuff.

Freida Bee: You won't regret it! Any film with mummies and Sherlock Holmes has gotta be good!

 
At Wed Aug 20, 09:35:00 AM, Blogger Angry Ballerina said...

That is going to give me nightmares.

 
At Thu Aug 21, 01:23:00 PM, Blogger Dr Zibbs said...

Love those baked goods! Nice.

 
At Thu Aug 21, 04:45:00 PM, Blogger mwb said...

I don't know I'm kind of suspicious of all the "young" shows (except the Young Ones!)

The Dr Who spin-off Dalek Babies was a bitter disappointment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts