Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, October 13, 2008

The "I'm Bernadette!" Arm Trick

 
Upon reading a recent post over at MWB's World, I was reminded of a television show, ZOOM, that I used to watch on PBS when I was knee-high to whippersnapper. I didn't even like the show that much, but I had a HUGE crush on one of the girls on the show, Bernadette Yao. (I was memorized by her "I'm Bernadette!" arm trick that she did.) I had forgotten entirely about my preteen television heartthrob until I saw MWB's post the other day, so I decided to Google her. I was pleased to find that she is now an accomplished musician with her own recording studio.

You can read more about her on Bernadette Yao's Homepage, and you can listen to some of music on her MySpace page. For further information on Bernadette's arm trick, you can read this article, "Bernadette's Weird Arm Thing".

I also have a clip of the ZOOM opening credits, as well as a clip of Edith speaking Ubbi-Dubbi, the incredibly annoying ZOOM language.

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

At Mon Oct 13, 12:28:00 PM, Blogger darkblack said...

Zoom zoom zooma-ZOOM!

;>)

 
At Mon Oct 13, 04:55:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

I had a pre-teen crush on a girl whose looks, shall we say, have not been maintained into middle age.

 
At Tue Oct 14, 09:16:00 AM, Blogger Devilham said...

Prepare to be jealous Dr. Z, well, sort of jealous.

Growing up in and around the Boston/Cambridge area had it's ups and downs. One of the ups of living in Lower Allston (a subsection of Boston) was it's unique zip-code, shared with a certain PBS studio. So for a couple of years I was lucky enough to live in the zip-code....

0, 2-1, 3-4!

 
At Wed Oct 15, 03:42:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Darkblack: :o)

Comrade Kevin: Ah, well. "The canker galls the infants of the spring, Too oft before their buttons be disclosed..."

Devilham: Ha! I am jealous! That zip code still runs through my head to this day. "Send it to Zoom!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts