Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Strictly Commercial

 

Once in a great while I get these emails from prospective advertisers that want to advertise on my blog. I have only gotten a couple of them, and I know that they are just bulk quasi-spam mails from people that have never been to my blog because their products have always been wildly inappropriate for my blog. For example, one of these spams that I got was promoting a computer program that supposedly taught your kids how to get over their speech impediments. (WTF?)

I got this email the other day, however, and it gave me pause:

Hello,

My name is Alex Greg and I am the manager of the project for www.BodyLingerie.com. And I would like to buy the text link advertisement on your blog zaiusnation.blogspot.com for our website www.BodyLingerie.com. Can you send me the monthly rates for the blog-wide text link on your blog ?

I would appreciate your reply.

Sincerely,
Alex Greg

How do you think that I should respond? I am certainly a big fan of lingerie, and their website even has a rhinestone collection! (Rowr!)
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

At Wed Mar 11, 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Lockwood said...

Before you give them a quote, I'd ask them if all their advertisements have apes (or at least guys in ape costumes) in them. Honestly, I guess it wouldn't bother me a whole lot if you started hosting lingerie adverts... I might even start reading this blog on-site rather than on RSS.

 
At Thu Mar 12, 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

You know me, I'm pro-scantily-clad lady, but better read the fine print. You'll probably be required to purchase certain garments in bulk and it'll probably be the discontinued Rudy! Collection.

 
At Thu Mar 12, 05:39:00 PM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

Do you have a rate card?

I'd say go for $6 billion for a lifetime contract (in a kinda 90's retro fashion) and make sure you get plenty of free panties.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin.

 
At Thu Mar 12, 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Tengrain said...

Dr. Zaius -

I don't think of you as the rhinestone sort of ape. I think of you as the CZ sort of ape.

Set your sights higher, my good ape, higher.

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Wed Mar 18, 09:24:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Lockwood: Aha! A blogger who shares my interest in lingerie. I like you idea of apes in lacey underthings... I wonder if we could get Zira to model them?

Randal Graves: ICK! I think that you are correct. I shall have to read the fine print!

Jess Wundrun: Hmm... Not so much a rate card as a dessert menu wish list! :o)

Tengrain: That's true! I'm Cubic Zirconia kind of guy all the way! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts