Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Would Like to Thank the Academy...

 

I would like to thank Liberality for awarding me the coveted Honest Weblog Award! I am afraid that I have been remiss in my blog meme duties as of late, and I intend to start making up for that in the coming weeks. (I haven't forgotten about Splotchy's story meme, Liberality.)


Honest Weblog Award


The rules for this fine award are:

1. You must brag about the award

2. You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger

3. You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design

4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.

5. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.

Then pass it on with the instructions!

In alphetbeitcal order, the Chosen Seven are:

1. Darius Whiteplume of Adventures in Nerdliness
2. Distributorcap of Distributorcap NY
3. OKJimm of OKJimm's Eggroll Emporium
4. Seeing Eye Chick of Apocalyptics Anonymous II
5. Utah Savage of Utah Savage
6. A whole bunch of people at The Wulfshead
7. Zirgar of Zirgar's Fresh New Brain Squeezin's!

(These are just a few of the fine blogs that are worthy of an award, and I shall endevour to catch up on some of my past-due-award-handing-out-duties in the near future.)

And now for the 10 honest things:


1. I rarely eat seafood, with the exception of tuna fish and those little Pepperidge Farm's Goldfish Crackers.



2. When I get around to it, I have been known to procrastinate.



3. Although Dream Girl is supposed to be the prettiest girl in the Legion of Superheroes, I've always had a crush on Saturn Girl.



4. I am fully aware of the importance of goggles when fighting monsters from outer space.



5. I don't really understand matadors. I would much rather eat pot roast than argue with it.



8. I think that cheeseburgers are way better than plain old hamburgers.



7. As much as I like this picture, I would like it even more if there was a larger serving of ice cream. (And maybe even some cake.) I think that it's just awful that models and actresses feel compelled to practically starve themselves with such small dessert portions.



8. Although I am curious, I have absolutely no idea what is in this specimen jar.


9. I think that Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are one of the four basic food groups.

        and finally...



10. Did I ever tell you that my cat is awesome? My cat is awesome!

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

13 Comments:

At Wed Aug 26, 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

oh boy
honesty the best policy?

thanks

 
At Wed Aug 26, 01:03:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm with ya on the peanut butter cup thing! I could live off of those bad boys!

I don't care for ice cream. Perhaps I could be a model/actress! If I did have some, it would only be the smaller portion.

Your cat is very awesome! I used to have one growing up that looked just like yours. His name was Morris. (after the kitty in the cat food commercials.. remember that sarcastic pussy? .... cat?)

Loved your honest scrap! :)
((Hugs))
Laura

 
At Wed Aug 26, 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Just wondering. How old is your cat? We took in a stray a few years back. He looks to be about the same age as yours. It might give me some idea as to his age... I know he's at least 4.
Thanks!
((Hugs))
Laura

 
At Wed Aug 26, 04:46:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Orange beasts gotta stick together.

 
At Wed Aug 26, 08:41:00 PM, Blogger Swinebread said...

congrats!

 
At Thu Aug 27, 01:44:00 AM, Blogger ZIRGAR said...

Thank you for the great honor, Dr. Zaius! I will do my best to earn the honor. I agree with you about the nutritional importance of the Reese's Cup.

 
At Thu Aug 27, 08:25:00 AM, Blogger Thomas Fummo said...

Congratulations, Dr.Z!

the specimen-in-a-jar one made me laugh out loud.

 
At Thu Aug 27, 08:36:00 AM, Blogger EspressoFrog said...

(8) it's the Green Slime !

 
At Thu Aug 27, 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

With models eating less cake and ice cream, that leaves more for the rest of us! You must think of the bigger picture!

 
At Thu Aug 27, 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Distributorcap: Honesty is the certainly the best policy, but insanity is a far better defense. ;o)

Sunshine: Indeed! Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are manna from heaven. But you don't like ice cream? Ack! I remember Morris the cat on TV. He was a cool cat! Thanks, Sunshine! :o)

Sunshine: The vet told me that he is about two years old. He is very wise for his age, however. ;o)

GETkristiLOVE: Yay! The Owners of Orange Kitties Club! :o)

Swinebread: Thanks, Swinebread! :o)

Zirgar: Any honor bestowed has already been earned, Zirgar. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are indeed the foundation of any nutritional diet. Mmm... ;o)

That Face!: Thanks, TF! The specimen might contain the secret of the universe! But it's probably just the embryo of a cheesy sci-fi monster bent on the destruction of the human race. ;o)

EspressoFrog: Ack! Evil goopiness in a jar! ;o)

Randal Graves: Hmm... I hadn't thought of that. Hey Scarlett, are sure that you should be eating that? ;o)

 
At Thu Aug 27, 04:42:00 PM, Blogger EspressoFrog said...

Oh no, Green Slime it isn't. It's The X from Outer Space. Sorry, seen from this angle it sorta... er... ahem... Those humans actors all look alike anyway !

 
At Tue Sep 22, 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Darius Whiteplume said...

I wish I had seen this earlier.

"DAMN YOU GRAD SCHOOL!"

I definitely appreciate...

"Yo, Darius, Imma let you finish, but..."

Sorry. I will never get tired of that.

 
At Fri Mar 01, 07:53:00 PM, Blogger Telkom University said...

How does the author use satire and humor to highlight the absurdity of award acceptance speeches, and what specific elements or phrases commonly found in such speeches are exaggerated or lampooned for comedic effect? Regard Telkom University

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts