Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Tea Time!

 
No time for blogging today! Germaine Gregarious and I have invited a few democratic members of congress from the Senate Finance Committee over for tea this afternoon...


Ms. Gregarious and I just wanted to have a little chat with them about the recent turn of events regarding the vote for the public option amendment of the Senate Finance version of the health care bill. [ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ]


POW! WHAP! ZLONK!
Ah, The senator has a sweet tooth!


In the meantime, might I suggest that you contact them yourself and tell them what you think of their recent actions, now that we know which Democrats are for the public option and which Democrats want to protect the insurance industry at the expense of the American people.

Finance Committee Chairman Max BaucusFinance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT) has received nearly $8 million in donations from pharmaceutical and health insurance companies. His former chief of staff is now a health industry lobbyist. He voted against both amendments. He's a total douche. Write him today!

Senator Blanche LincolnBlanche Lincoln (D-AR) has received about $4 million in health industry donations. Like Baucus, Lincoln's former chief of staff is now a health industry lobbyist. She voted against both amendments. She is a healthcare industry trough feeder. Write her today!

Senator Kent ConradKent Conrad (D-ND) has received around $3 million in health industry donations. Like Baucus, Conrad's former chief of staff is now a health industry lobbyist. He voted against both amendments. He's just another health insurance corporate pigboy. Write him today!

Senator Bill NelsonBill Nelson (D-FL) has recieved around $2.5 million in health industry donations. He voted against the public option amendment offered by Nelson Rockefeller, but voted in favor of the more cautious public option proposed by Sen. Chuck Schumer. Tell him to get on the ball!

Senator Tom CarperTom Carper (D-DE) has received around $1.5 million in health industry donations. He voted against the public option amendment offered by Nelson Rockefeller, but voted in favor of the more cautious public option proposed by Sen. Chuck Schumer. Tell him to get on the ball!



Senator Max Baucus is now taking his marching orders from Massengill!

Max Baucus
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

16 Comments:

At Thu Oct 01, 08:43:00 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said...

seriously, I think it's become clear the American people have no voice in government.

 
At Thu Oct 01, 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I don't follow American politic *real* closely (Canadian!!).. so I won't comment on what I don't know about.. (haha, for once ..right?).. but I MUST say, I love those douche boxes. Very creative. :)
I think I'd be creep-ed out with that guy on my douche box though.. ahem.. if I had a douche box that is......
I'm leaving...
*SLAM*

((Hugs))
Laura

 
At Thu Oct 01, 12:30:00 PM, Blogger GOPnot4me said...

I'm a healthcare pro w/ over 35 yrs experience. Over 60% of our clinic's payroll goes to fighting insurance companies on a daily basis. For that effort we collect almost 70 cents of each dollar billed. That is AFTER the write-down to the contracted fees. So we are getting about 50% of our Usual & Customary fees. And I still don't know what value the Insurance Companies bring to Drs., staff or patients.
Every American deserves the same healthcare received by members of Congress and their families. And if we can't have it, neither should they!

 
At Thu Oct 01, 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

We are so screwed. My insurance doesn't even cover KY.

 
At Thu Oct 01, 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Sidhe said...

Sounds like a conflict of interest to me.

 
At Thu Oct 01, 03:20:00 PM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Of course it doesn't, dean, you don't live in Kentucky!

I wish my insurance covered booze and weed but they only use 8.5x11.

 
At Thu Oct 01, 04:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote all of those fuckers. I even used the word Lubrication, in one of my e-mails.

I doubt they will care since they are laughing all the way to the bank.

This is what leads to voter apathy. Right here.

 
At Thu Oct 01, 04:21:00 PM, Blogger wide world of dave said...

Seeing Eye Chick ad Ubermilf are right.

I had so much hope for a new path for our country, but it never fails - a-holes like this have destroyed my faith in the Democratic party -

all aboard the apathy train...

 
At Thu Oct 01, 08:22:00 PM, Blogger Michael Hart said...

Dave, forget about getting on that train; it never leaves the station.
Rebuild your faith when the sun comes up every day.

Brilliant work, Doc.
Sometimes I just can't believe you're an ape.

 
At Thu Oct 01, 09:41:00 PM, Blogger ThoughtCriminal said...

Conrad has to feel like a chump since Lincoln and Baucus got a bigger haul for the same votes.

 
At Fri Oct 02, 07:47:00 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for visiting me today Dr.Zed!
I'm always so happy when I see that you've dropped by. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

 
At Fri Oct 02, 10:10:00 AM, Blogger wide world of dave said...

good advice MH.... i'll give it a try

 
At Sat Oct 03, 09:10:00 PM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

at least Max smells fresh as a daisy

 
At Sat Oct 03, 11:40:00 PM, Blogger susan said...

I've worked in health care for a long time too and for the past 10 years have had the odious tasks of obtaining surgical authorizations and then making sure the insurance companies pay for the services they authorized. It won't surprise you to know they often won't and have laughable excuses about their reasoning.

Medicare doesn't do that. I'm not old enough to get it but I am old enough to plan on retirement in Canada. I just wish everybody could.

 
At Sun Oct 04, 09:47:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Übermilf: Everything is OK as long as you let the lobbyists do all of the talking... ;o)

Sunshine: What can I say? Max Baucus has found his professional zenith, I fear... ;o)

GOPnot4me: Awesome comment! Did you see that Rehctaw of the blog Rawrahs has reposted it becuase it was so good. :o)

Dean Wormer: Kentucky? Your insurance doesn't cover the whole state of Kentucky? Jeepers! ;o)

Sidhe: I think that it is kind of like cheating on your diet. It's only a conflict of interest if you get caught! ;o)

Randal Graves: Ack! Randal stole my joke! :o(

Seeing Eye Chick: Yay! That's great, Seeing Eye Chick! I want to start writing these at least once a week. GRRRR! ;o)

Wide World of Dave: No! Apathy leads to bad television and poor posture! :o(

Michael Hart: Yay! That's the spirit! Very well chosen word, I must say! :o)

ThoughtCriminal: There is no equality in the world, even among thieves! ;o)

Tea Break: Soon there will be a revolution... And America shall be ruled by apes! Yay! ;o)

Sunshine: I like all of your nice videos and imaginative Fall decorations. :o)

Wide World of Dave: Yay! I think that Michael Hart put it very well. :o)

Distributorcap: Yes, and he now has a screw top cap! ;o)

susan: Oh, jeepers! If you go to Canada, can I go with you? We can go visit Sunshine of Love at Home! ;o)

 
At Mon Oct 19, 10:26:00 PM, Blogger ZIRGAR said...

I just can't figure out Baucus. How does he think he's helping anyone but the insurance companies? Is he that oblivious, or is he just that bought off by the health insurance industry? Unreal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts