Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, December 21, 2009

Prayertime Fun With Gemaine Gregarious!

 
No time for blogging today! Germaine Gregarious and I are busy trying to imagine different ways in which we can help pray for Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK), who said that 'people ought to pray' that a senator 'can't make the vote tonight'. The Senate is expected to vote to proceed on an expected Christmas Eve vote on final passage on the health care bill. Speaking on the Senate floor, Senator Tom Coburn expressed his hope that a Senator would not be able to make the vote: "What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can’t make the vote tonight. That's what they ought to pray." [ 2 ]

I must say that I find it refreshing to hear such a unique interpretation of what a person should pray (prey?) for during this festive holiday season. I say that if Senator Coburn wants to help out the Democrats through prayer, perhaps we should return the favor! Senator Coburn - If you want to scratch our back, we'll scratch yours.

UPDATE: Aironlater of 43-Ideas-Per-Minute has found the ultimate follow up to this video.
 

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

At Mon Dec 21, 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hmmm.. well I guess it's nice to be told what to pray for eh?
Hopefully someone will die in a car crash or something... that would work out nicely for the Senator I bet!
Glory to God! Mmmm hmmm. *eye roll*

((Hugs))
Laura

 
At Mon Dec 21, 01:15:00 PM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Prey? You think we should serve him to vultures? Why do you hate avians?

 
At Mon Dec 21, 01:57:00 PM, Blogger Ubermilf said...

Poor God, having to listen to all this.

 
At Mon Dec 21, 02:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just decided to stop all my support for God and Jesus, since neither of that Dynamic Duo saw fit to kill Senator Byrd last night before he could vote for the healthcare bill.

Talk about a disappointment. I have supported JC and the Big Guy for years, and this is the thanks I get.

I think it is time for all Republicans out there to pull their support now, and show their disgust!

 
At Mon Dec 21, 02:49:00 PM, Blogger Targa said...

Looks like Senator Coburn is working harder than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking factory.

Senator Coburn needs to get the taste slapped outta his mouth.

Sen. Coburn is lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut.

Tom Coburn needs to be knocked into the middle of next week.

Coburn is just going around borrowing trouble.

Tom should is just nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

He's got his knickers in knots.

***
Okay, I'm done. I'll close with this:
We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.

Kumbaya, Tom Coburn... Kumbaya.

 
At Mon Dec 21, 03:07:00 PM, Blogger Kulkuri said...

It wasn't that long ago that the Never-Right was praying for a Supreme Court Justice to die. Then Rehnquist died, works for me!!

 
At Tue Dec 22, 07:19:00 PM, Blogger aironlater said...

I have but one question for the good Dr. Where can I get a Zaius Nation t-shirt? This is my one Christmas wish........

 
At Wed Dec 23, 01:34:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Sunshine: Hmm... You mean like an accident? How novel - I hadn't thought of that! ;o)

Randal Graves: Evian? Don't be silly! Vultures don't drink bottled water! ;o)

Übermilf: I'll bet God puts cotton in his ears in times like this. ;o)

Blanca DeBree: Very nice. Tell us when the shuttle lands, Blanca DeBree. ;o)

Targa: Kumbaya, indeed! Talk about the snot calling the booger wet! ;o)

Kulkuri: Ha! That's what I call a prayer inspired intervention! ;o)

Aironlater: OK, I have heeded your worthy Christmas request. Click here to get your Zaius Nation t-shirt! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts