Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, January 25, 2010

Some Details About My Recent Winter Wonderland Extravaganza

 
I would like to apologize to all of my blogging friends. I have been very busy at home and at work lately, and have been sadly remiss in my many blogtastic responsibilities. If I have not visited your blog lately, or if I have not answered your emails quickly and with the verve and gusto that they deserve it is because as of late I have been up to my eyeballs in makeshift monkey trials and last minute brain surgery during my graveyard shift at the local lobotomitorium.

I have always assumed that I had no life, but if I have learned anything in the last couple of months it is that I do in fact have a life. The problem is that what little life I do have seems to be determined to kill me! So many things are happening right now that I can't keep up with my usual empty, vapid lifestyle.

Without going into too much detail, I shall provide this one small example of my recent Winter Wonderland Extravaganza. (There have been several other issues that are too numerous to mention that have demanded my attention as of late. This is only one of them.) I have a huge leak in my ceiling that is right above the main media workstation of Zaius Nation Central.

Suffice it to say that the recent deluge here in Ape City has made me reconsider the position of my awesome Data Processing Machine (it's a Commodore 64!), but certain factors have made this difficult. If I move the computer to another room, other issues crop up. For the time being the Lawgiver's Snowy Wrath has been kind, and I may be able to keep my Throne of Media Calculation in the same room if I throw enough plastic bags over it - at least for the time being.

In the meantime, I have turn off the electricity in that room for fear of an electical fire. I pipe in electricity from another room via some rather hefty orange extension cords, which are easy to trip over. When I turn off the breaker for that room I also cut the juice to the living room and the washing machine, so I have to wait for a relatively dry day with no snow or rain to do any laundry. Oh, well. at least my cat is still awesome!
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

At Tue Jan 26, 06:37:00 AM, Blogger Rehctaw said...

Ouch! So sorry.

I'm sure that somehow this is Obama's fault. Any chance of getting some of that plastic up on the roof where it would do the most good?

Not a good time of year to find a roofer. They're really grumpy when awakened from their normal hibernation cycle.

 
At Tue Jan 26, 09:34:00 AM, Blogger zencomix said...

Yikes! What's the root of the problem? Ice dam? Bad shingles?

 
At Tue Jan 26, 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Dusty Crickets said...

You're obviously the victim of a Communist Plot !!
Check it out ...

" IS THERE A SECRET WAR GOING IN THE SKIES? "

"It is the Japanese Aum sect and Yakuza mafia who are still leasing the Russian scalar transmitters and have steadily used them for weather engineering over America since the nineties for target practice. Bearden claims that the Japanese may be allowed by the Russians to down planes now and then. The Japanese cult members in their govt are also tied up with North Korean cult members. The Russians have been weather engineering over America since the 1960's using their interference grid to target specific areas."

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~hubbca/scalar.htm

 
At Tue Jan 26, 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Tengrain said...

Zaius -

Jeepers! I didn't think it rained in Ape City! Here in California-stan we are having an El Niño year, and so I am keeping my eye on the river that is not two blocks away. But I figure that this could be a good practice drill for me for when the oceans rise and I need to learn to swim.

Keep dry, sir, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I could fed-ex some cake, for instance...

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Tue Jan 26, 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

I always knew Mooselini would have her revenge on you someday, goshdarnit. Stay dry, wear galoshes!

 
At Tue Jan 26, 08:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with all the used kleenex's? Just U & Ur Hand?

 
At Wed Jan 27, 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Rehctaw: Yes, I shall have to wait until spring to fix it. :o(

zencomix: It;s just an old roof. I shall have to pay huge sums of moeney to get it fixed. :o(

Dusty Crickets: Ack! You mean that Scalar Electromagnetics are coming in through my roof? I thought it was water! ;o)

Tengrain: Ack! Flooding would be far worse than this! Back up your hard drive. ;o)

Randal Graves: This is Sarah Palin's fault? Jeepers! I was guessing that it was Obama in some way. ;o)

Lilith: Those aren't Kleenex, my dear. Those are blog post rough drafts! ;o)

 
At Wed Jan 27, 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Nausicaa said...

Sure glad you're back!

Rumor had it that you had been sent to Mars :-o

 
At Wed Jan 27, 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Nausicaa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts