Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The 'Party of No' Onion Ring

I was innocently sampling the wares at my local all-you-can-eat rib shack recently, and while dining on the healthy vegetable portion of my meal I came across this curious 'Party of No!' symbol that was lurking amongst the nutritious onion rings and French fries.

Despite my deeply undernourished and famished condition, I refused to eat the offending morsel for fear of upsetting the sensitive political balance of my delicate stomach (and I also wanted to save room for dessert, of course), and instead decided to bring the disagreeable tidbit home for closer inspection and further study.

I submit the following photographs that clearly illustrate the nuanced and discerning sensibilities of my extra-awesome cat, Captain Nemo. I am happy to say that his opinion on the subject of the mysterious 'o-ring of no' coincided with mine:

"Meowmm... What is this circular object of battered and fried onion goodness?"

"Bah! This is a foul 'Party of No' onion ringie thingie!"


As an aside, I would like to point out another interesting event that happened during the course of my light repast. Because of my numerous travels through time I am able to recall the days when restaurants would actually bring you a hot towel at the end of your pork rib dinner for you to clean your fingers, hands and pelt with.

I was surprised to find that at the end of this particular evening's meal that our server brought us hot, microwaved prepackaged moist towelettes, still in the package! It was quite a struggle to get the plastic packaging off of the moist towelettes with greasy paws, I must say...
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

At Thu May 27, 01:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

opinion on the onion

Well at least it was the "Party of no onion rings" cause then there'd have been problems LOL. Well back to my pork rinds *crunch, crunch*

 
At Thu May 27, 02:59:00 PM, Blogger wide world of dave said...

pretty sure that stands for "NO substantial nutritional value whatsoever"

 
At Thu May 27, 06:32:00 PM, Blogger Tengrain said...

Mmmmmm, onion rings.

Damn you, Dr. Z! Now I must excuse myself, I have a very important errand to run.

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Fri May 28, 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Onion rings, perhaps nature's perfect food.

 
At Fri May 28, 04:22:00 PM, Blogger okjimm said...

Ya.... what Randal said. And now I am thinking of what goes good with Orings.... besides everything. Beer!

 
At Sun May 30, 07:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to try Onion Rings a la Canadienne - that's with poutine

 
At Sun Jun 06, 05:57:00 PM, Blogger ThoughtCriminal said...

It would be better with bacon.

 
At Thu Jun 10, 05:18:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Jang-chub Ozer: Ah, fried food. That's what makes America great! ;o)

Wide World of Dave: Ack! You heathen! Onion rings are served with cheeseburgers, and are thus are highly nutritious. :o(

Tengrain: Mmm... Save some for me! ;o)

Randal Graves: Yay! They are right up there with chocolate cake! ;o)

OKJimm: Yay! Thou art a true believer! ;o)

Jang-chub Ozer: Eek! That sounds horrible! Except the gravy part, perhaps... ;o)

ThoughtCriminal: Everything is better with bacon. It's the candy of meats! ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts