Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Friday, January 25, 2008

What Was On TV Last Night

 

I sat though as much of the Republican debate last night as I could, and then I switched channels to "Love Story", which was on American Movie Classics last night. I had not seen the film since I saw it on telelvision when I was in junior high. (I was too young to see it when it came out in the theaters, so I saw it on TV.)

The story was so sad! It's odd that I never cry during emotional moments in real life, but I always get all weepy at sad movies. Also, what makes the film espeacially sad is that Ryan O'Neil promises Ali McGraw to name their first child Bozo Barrett (only if it is a boy, of course), and we never actually get a chance to see this take place.

Ali McGraw
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

10 Comments:

At Fri Jan 25, 03:26:00 PM, Blogger dguzman said...

God, I remember when the movie came out and EVERYONE had the soundtrack. It played like 24/7 on my brother's and my sister's turntables.

That movie made me think you could get leukemia from getting chilled after sitting on a porch all night in the cold.

 
At Fri Jan 25, 03:37:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

You know that movie was based on Al and Tipper Gore...

 
At Sat Jan 26, 06:25:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

dguzman: "That movie made me think you could get leukemia from getting chilled after sitting on a porch all night in the cold." Ha! That made me laugh out loud! I remember when the soundtrack was popular too, but that was when I was just a little kid.

Dean Wormer: That explains the global warming disaster in the third act!

 
At Sat Jan 26, 09:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it wrong and shallow of me that I can't get past how beautiful Ali McGraw is in that movie?

 
At Sat Jan 26, 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

ali mcgraw is the best looking chemo patient of all time

every time i see this movie i just laugh...call me callous, but i think it is so bad

 
At Sat Jan 26, 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

*thrashes limbs wildly*

No! No! No!

AHHHHHH!

*runs away, screaming*

 
At Sun Jan 27, 06:40:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

MWB's World: Ali McGraw is bell-bottom pants delicious!

Distributorcap: I liked it. It is actually a very good film considering the era. For example, Ray Harryhousen films actually have very good special effects, considering the era. Also, perhaps you don't really like romantic films.

Comrade Kevin: Indeed! Well, then...

 
At Mon Jan 28, 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Karla said...

WEll, I left a comment, but the Google Server ate it. It was too long to rewrite...

 
At Tue Jan 29, 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Darn! I wish the Google server had not eaten it. I'm famished, and I'll bet it was delicious!

 
At Tue Jan 29, 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I was so excited to see that movie. I made my mother take me into NYC (we lived in suburban White Plains) on the train and we saw it there. I cried my eyes out, I must have been about 14 I think, maybe 15. I was not allowed to go into "the city" alone until I was 16.

Love means never having to blog you're sorry...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts