Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, March 03, 2008

Annoying Anonymous Comments From bestmishu.com

 

I am turning off anonymous comments on this blog for awhile because I keep getting these strange comments. Normally I just delete annoying comments, but these comments make IE go kind of haywire. In IE the comments look like little squares, representing characters from a charset that I don't have installed my hard drive.


In Firefox the unreadable characters look like question marks. I was curious as to who was making these annoying comments, so I looked at the source code, and this is what it looked like:


It's just a series of links to a Chinese website. So I figured that I would take a look at the website, and see what all the fuss was about. I expected to hit a wall of spyware, but didn't see any obvious sign of any. The site just looks like bunch of rather boring looking links.


(Click to enlarge.) At this point I pretty much lost interest, but then I noticed an interesting bit at the bottom...


The website is apparently partnered in some way with the "China Respiratory Network", the "China Skin Network", and the "Cancer Rehabilitation Network". It would seem that now that China has all of the "big kid" problems associated with pollution, they have also inherited some of the "big kid" diseases that come with it. It's not really very funny I guess, but I also loved what must have been a mistranslation of the title of a government official - The "Secretary of Good".
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

At Mon Mar 03, 08:52:00 AM, Blogger dguzman said...

I want to run for Secretary of Good in the next administration!

 
At Mon Mar 03, 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

The real score would be Secretary of Bad (SOB)

My first nominee would be Shaft. My second nominee(s) would be Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder because that's right; they're bad.

 
At Mon Mar 03, 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Secretary of Good! Sounds like a great job for me!!

I kept seeing these Chinese spam comments everywhere and then I started to feel a little left out as I did not get any.

Which is OK!!

 
At Mon Mar 03, 06:05:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

I've seen these on a few blogs now. I'm running Firefox and see the characters, but it's still annoying to say the least.

 
At Tue Mar 04, 02:44:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dguzman Yay! I think that you and FranIAm should share the office!

Dean Wormer: Ha! It would be a creative cabinet, that's for sure. I think that Shaft is the obvious choice, because of the whole theme song and "bad mofo" line in the song. Richard Pryor lit himself on fire, and Gene Wilder was Willie Wonka. It's kind of hard to be bad when you are riding around in a glass elevator sing about candy.

FranIAm: Yay! I think that you and Dguzman should share the office! As far as the Chinese spam comments, you are not missing anything.

GETkristiLOVE: I can't imagine why they would do this. Do they really think that we are going to visit a website that's written in Chinese?

 
At Tue Mar 04, 12:32:00 PM, Blogger WendyB said...

Secretary of Good is so unassuming. "I'm the Executive Assistant of Not-So-Bad."

 
At Tue Mar 04, 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Ah, but Zaius perhaps you've forgotten Wilder and Pryor in Stir Crazy.

"That's right, we bad!"

 
At Thu Mar 06, 06:15:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

WendyB: Hey! I like you blogs. I have blog rolled you under "Pop Culture of the Damned."

Dean Wormer: Actually, I understood your reference. I was just seeing your pop culture refence, and upping the ante with two more movies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts