Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Meme-ing is Such Sweet Sorrow, That I Shall Say Goodnight 'Till it be Morrow

 
Randal Graves has tagged me for the "Seven Things Meme." I would like to thank him wholeheartedly by saying Votre calligraphie est atroce et vous vous habillez dans la manière d'une prostituée mâle, Randal. The rules of the meme are as follows:

List seven random things about yourself that people may not know.

Link the person who sent this to you, and leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.

Post the rules on your blog.

Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So without further ado, I submit the following:


My sister is not only intelligent and ambitious, she looks like Ophelie Winter, one of the stars of the Leslie Nielsen film, "2001: A Space Travesty." She thinks my blog is silly.


I play chess with my sister over the internet. We always have at least two games going on at a time. We use a MS Word file that I created that we email back and forth. We also play incessantly when see each other on the holidays. (We have fun with some of the filenames: chessorama.doc, chessarooni.doc, chessalicious.doc, chesshire_cat.doc, chess-a-doodle.doc, chessboyrdee.doc, etc...)


I find intelligent women attractive.


I have never been married and have no children. I have had live-in girlfriends, but none of them were ever stupid enough to marry me. I once ran a personal ad in the local paper that read, "Attention Vultures! I haven't moved in 24 hours. I smoke, I drink and I won't eat my vegetables." I did not get many responses. (I no longer smoke nor drink, and I have even been known to eat vegetables on occasion. Except brussel sprouts.)


I live in a quaint little house. Click here to see pictures of Casa de Zaius, which I bought for less than the cost of most new cars.


I don't like most westerns and cop movies. I don't like to watch sports, except women's volleyball. Even then, I don't bother to keep score.

I have a modest collection of small robot toys.

And there you have it! The Seven Things Meme! I am now officially inflicting this malevolent meme on the following bloggers: Comrade Kevin, BAC, Jess Wundrun, Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator, Madam Z, MWB, and Swinebread.
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

19 Comments:

At Thu Mar 13, 09:14:00 AM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

I have been tagged!

Owwww. The paaaain!

 
At Thu Mar 13, 09:27:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Vous pouvez m'appeler 'Fred Garvin!'

 
At Thu Mar 13, 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Claire said...

That's a cute little house!

 
At Thu Mar 13, 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said...

Brussel sprouts have that hard little core in the middle that could choke you.

You're much safer not eating them.

 
At Thu Mar 13, 09:53:00 AM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

I have done your bidding, Lord Zaius.

Who else shall I infect?

 
At Thu Mar 13, 09:53:00 AM, Blogger Fran said...

I like your house.

As for the brussels sprouts, which I (inspired by John Waters) used to call "little balls from hell" I finally found good ways to prepare them. Yum. I was glad to finally be able to eat balls.

Oh dear.

 
At Thu Mar 13, 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

If Sparky ever drops me I want your sister's phone number.

 
At Thu Mar 13, 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Swinebread said...

ah my friend, I've already done this tag
see here

 
At Thu Mar 13, 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

it's nice to learn a little about what's under all that fur.

 
At Thu Mar 13, 04:46:00 PM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

Oh, this was a treat. Casa de Zaius is quirky like you. I challenge you to a game of internet chess, Dr. Send me one of your dealimibopper things.

 
At Thu Mar 13, 07:03:00 PM, Blogger mwb said...

I've been memed! Actually I did this one in the past, but maybe I'll do it again but won't tag anyone this time.

All right robot toys!

It's out of print but you really need this book (Future Toys, if you don't have it already. I have it and love it.

 
At Thu Mar 13, 08:07:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I too have been tagged!

Let's see if I can figure out some answers....

 
At Fri Mar 14, 07:12:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Comrade Kevin: My apologies!

Randal Graves: Ha! You compare yourself to one of the greats! Can you live up to his reputation?

CDP: Thanks!

Übermilf: Indeed! They are the foul spawn of Veggie Satan!

Comrade Kevin: Who should you infect? Only those that are most deserving and least suspecting.

FranIAm: Eep! This is a family show, FranIAm! Brussels sprouts are bad enough! ;o)

Batocchio: Thanks!

Dr. Monkerstein: I would be glad to give it you right now! It's 1-800-GO-AWAY-YOU-STUPID-MONKEY!

Swinebread: Oh, shoot - I thought I checked everybody. I'll meme again you soon.

Liberality: Rich creamy goodness! That's what!

Freida Bee: I will send you a file soon. Do you have MS Word?

MWB's World:: Really? You already did this one? I always read all of your post, I must have missed it. That looks like a cool book! All of my robot toys are just small robots that will fit on shelf. No special value. Of course I have Robby and B9!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: We eagerly await your intergalactic tidbits.

 
At Fri Mar 14, 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

Dr. Zaius, I have received your tag and will get to work on it this weekend, I swear.

Um, did you know that here in the past we utilize various apparatus that we like to call "furniture". It helps one not to sit on the floor.

 
At Sat Mar 15, 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

I have done it. My whole life is now bare. There's nothing left that's secret.

Okay, not really true. But I am done.

 
At Sat Mar 15, 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Hey! That's great! I thank you from the bottom of my rich, creamy underpants.

 
At Sat Mar 15, 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

Yes, I do have MS Word.

 
At Sat Mar 15, 09:24:00 PM, Blogger Madam Z said...

Is it too late? Have I missed my one and only chance to accept a tag from my favorite of all possible apes? I hope not, because I did, indeed, rack (wrack?) my formaldehyde-soaked brain for seven heretofore unknown facts about mememememememe and posted them on my sees-all-knows-all-tells-some blog.

 
At Mon Mar 17, 03:55:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Yay! It's delightful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts