Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day!

 
Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day!

Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day! I first learned about this blogosphere holiday through the blog of the fabulous Blue Gal. You can read the frightening details of this event at the fantastic blog of the holiday's creator, Jon Swift, and also at the blog of the other leading event co-conspirator, the equally awesome Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

Blue Gal suggests that we should post the link to a few of our favorite blogs, and post them so that others can read about them, become aware of them - and finally blogroll these newer and most recently discovered blogs.

Based on Blue Gal's expressed wishes, I have thus gone through a lengthy winnowing process of my own blogroll to find the very best blogs, and I present the following blogs for your consideration as part of the Blogroll Amnesty celebrations.

The Accordion Guy
Adventures in Nerdliness
Alien Loves Predator
AlterDestiny
Anaïs Nohant
Angry Ballerina
The Anti-Bullsh*t Dome
The Ardent Thread’s Weblog
The Aristocrats
Archelaus Cards
Ask A Ninja
All Hat No Cattle
Atomic Romance
Attentive Aphorist
Aunt Dahlia
Bad Habit
Badtux the Snarky Penguin
Bailey's Buddy
Beautiful Day Rule
Beginning to Bird
Betsy Devine
Bella Rossa
Beware of the Blog
Billy Miller
Bitch Ph.D.
Blue Gal
Bob Geiger
Bogus Zen*
Brainshrub
The Bree Walker Show Blog
Bubs
CalPundit
The Canary Sings
Cap'n Dyke, Pirate Queen
Capitol Punishment
Carnival of the Liberals
Cat in the Bag
Chapter 56
Chicken Head
Circle Jerk at the Square Dance
clarkspicks.com
Comics All Too Real
Common Dreams
Comrade Kevin's Chrestomathy
The Consortium of Badness
Crooks and Liars
Cuddlefish
Culture of Life News
Culture Vultures
Cursor
Cyberography
The Daily Howler
Darkblack
Darwin's Dagger
The Dean's Office
Dear Thyroid
Devilham's Attic
Dictionopolis in Digitopolis
The Digital Press Club
Dimensión Fantás
DistributorCap NY
DownWithTyranny!
Driftglass
The Dubya's Media
Dump Michele Bachmann
Dusty
Electronic Cerebrectomy
Eli Lyons
Enriched Geranium
Evangelical Right
Evil Mad Scientist
Evil Spock
Ex-Lion Tamer
Eyeteeth
Fancy Freelancer
Feminist SF Carnival
Five Public Opinions
FOX Watch
Fragmentia13
FranIAm
Freida Bee
Gastriques
The Gavel
Germaine Gregarious
Get-Your-Zs
Gledwood Vol 2
GOPnot4me
The Great Endarkenment
Have Camera Will Travel
Heeling To Port
Here Comes Johnny Yen Again
The Hill
Hotline TV
House of the Rising Sons
The Huffington Post
I Am Bossy
I Am Jacks Non-Blog
I Can Has Cheezburger?
Ice Station Tango
Illiterate Electorate
Illustrated Daily Scribble
I Miss Fafblog, Spot!
I, Splotchy
I Make No Promises
Impeachment and Other Dreams
The Inconvienent Truth
Indexed
Infidel753
Informiorium
Jazz from Hell
Jess Wundrun
Jesus' General
Joe's Bank
Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator
Jon Swift
Just JoeP
Jonestown
Jossip Cable Quotables
Journeys with Jood
Just An Earth-Bound Misfit
JustJoeP
Kelly the Little Black Dog
Kimonomomo
Knock Knock
Kommandos Project
L'ennui mélodieux
La Casa de Los Gatos
Las largas Noches
Lady, That's My Skull
Last Left Turn Before Hooterville
Left Edge North
Lesbians From Space
Left 'Toon Lane
Les Enrages.org
The Liberal Coalition
Liberality
Lighter
Like Kryptonite To Stupid
Little Bang Theory (CR)
Lisa [ 2, 3, 45, 6, 7 ]
The Local Crank
Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do
Luminiferous Ether
Malheureux
Maui Girl
Media Matters
Mental Detritus
Mercury Rising
Midnight/Noise
Mirror of Fools
Mock, Paper, Scissors
Mocksure
Mondo Marco
MoneyFiles
Monkey Muck
Morning Martini
Mother Jones
My Two Sense
MWB's World [ 2 ]
Myriagon
Nailing Jello to the Wall
naladahc.com
Neural Gourmet
Neccoland
The Needs of the Few
The Nefarious Lair of LGPPP, Inc.
Nine Pearls
No Smoking in the Skull Cave
A Noble Undoing
Occasional Superheroine
Old American Century
OKJimm's Eggroll Emporium
Omnipotent Poobah
the Opinion Mill
The Otherwhirled
The Oxpecker File
Pam's House Blend
Patriotboy
Perpetual Dawnne [ 2 ]
Phydeaux Speaks
Pidomon's Posts
Pixeloo
PoliTits
pollster.com
Political Arithmetik
A Post-Cynical Seer
The [Prefix]iest Thing I Saw Today
Preserve, Protect and Defend
Princess Sparkle Pony
Project Matt
PR Watch
Pseudo-Intellectualism
Pushing Fifty...Gently...
Rabbits, Toyen, and so forth
Republic of Sestakastan
Rumours With Humour
The Quaker Agitator
The Quoteable I Ching
Qwerty's Qoncepts
Quit Your Day Job
Read My Mind
Retrospace
Ruby-Mae & Her Mustang Flattery
Sack of Monkeys in My Pocket
Sandra Lou [ 2 ]
Scholars and Rogues
Shakespeare's Sister
Shelley the Republican
Sh*t Planet
Silly Humans
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Sleestak
Social Seppuku
Some Guy's Blog
Spocko's Brain [ 2 ]
spiiderweb
Spin of the Day
Sprawling Ramshackle Compound
Stardragon the Canadian
Stardust Musings
Starship Tim
The State of Discontent [ 2 ]
Stop Licking the Curtains
Stump Lane
A Sunny Thought
tailrank.com
They Get Letters
That's Why
Think Progress
This Is It
This Modern World
Through the Wastes of Time
Thought Crime Wave
Threading Water
Tiamat's Friends
Top 10 Conservative Idiots
Two Minutes In The Box
Übermilf
The Unconventional Conventionist
Unglued
Unruly Mob/Les Enrages
Urantian Sojourn
Utah Savage
Vagabond Scholar
A Very Strange Country
Vigouruex Artiste
What I Like About the Universe
What Now Toons
Wink Studios
Witches and Scientists
Washington Whispers
Westcoast Walker
Whiskey Marie
Wondertrash*
Wonkette
The Wulfshead
Wyldth1ng
The Yes Men
Yikes! [ 2 ]
Your Dress'd Look Better On Me
Get-Your-Zs
Zen Comix

Also, after the coming Apeocolypse, I pledge to spare these humans (or at least most of them) for scientific experiments. (Probably.)
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

20 Comments:

At Tue Feb 03, 06:09:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea. Thanks for posting it...plus I got some new reading material out of it. Cheers.

 
At Tue Feb 03, 07:07:00 AM, Blogger Darius Whiteplume said...

That is quite a list, and thanks for the plug :-)

 
At Tue Feb 03, 09:50:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Look at all those communists!

 
At Tue Feb 03, 10:36:00 AM, Blogger lisahgolden said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. And Thank you.

 
At Tue Feb 03, 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Tengrain said...

I'm honored and pleased to be on the list!

Can I give you the names of a few more CEOs for you and Germain to "entertain"?

Regards,

Tengrain

 
At Tue Feb 03, 02:56:00 PM, Blogger BAC said...

I'm totally stealing this from you ... thanks!


BAC

 
At Tue Feb 03, 06:06:00 PM, Blogger The Local Crank said...

Thank you for the link, doctor. I have moved on to WordPress, and here is a direct link:

http://localcrank.wordpress.com/

 
At Tue Feb 03, 07:10:00 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

Thanks for the linky-love you hairy ape you.

 
At Tue Feb 03, 09:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dr. Z, thanks for including my humble blog. I've been slacking on the posts lately, what with work and life and all.

 
At Tue Feb 03, 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're too much. In a very good way. Thanks, Z!

 
At Wed Feb 04, 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Thomas Fummo said...

*chokes up*

thank you, sir :-)

 
At Thu Feb 05, 03:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding mocksure to the list :)

 
At Thu Feb 05, 08:28:00 AM, Blogger ERR said...

I just noticed you following me. I love you, too.

I don't mind scientific experiments that much. Sign me up for "brain in a jar with experimental psychotropics," please.

 
At Thu Feb 05, 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Sunandheir: Cheers, Sunandheir! My pleasure. :o)

Darius Whiteplume: There are so many great blogs, I don't know where to start!

Randal Graves: Makes ya proud, don't it? ;o)

Lisa: You're welcomex4! Jeepers, you sure have a lot of blogs to keep up with! :o)

Tengrain: Indeed! We are always happy to entertain any CEO worthy of Ms. Gregarious' 'special' cocktails.

BAC: Stealing? Hardly! Borrowed, more like. :o)

The Local Crank: Ack! I thought I fixed that! Well, it's fixed now. Sorry! :o)

Liberality: Gosh and golly! :o)

starshiptim: Tell me about it! I can't find time to blog either, what with having to bury all of the CEO's in the backyard and all. ;o)

Fran: Yay! Thanks, Fran! :o)

darkblack: I know what you mean. You should have seen the bartender's face when I tried to order chocolate milk!

TF: Ack! Don't choke! Did you eat a pretzel?

GETkristiLOVE: Jeepers! **blush** :o)

Jang-chub Ozer: I love your blog! I may start to blog about celebrities too! :o)

ERR: Indeed! I shall pick out an extra roomy jar, just for you!

 
At Thu Feb 05, 08:08:00 PM, Blogger Steve said...

thanks for the linky! I hope I am in the "most of them" party when your rule begins

 
At Thu Feb 05, 11:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not just gossip - celebrity is a cultural phenomenon, and a reflection of our society - sadly.

 
At Fri Feb 06, 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

So glad to make the cut.

(whew)

 
At Sun Feb 08, 02:54:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Thanks, Dr. Zaius, I wasn't quite ready to become fodder for your experiments just yet. Maybe next year you can perform a lobotomy upon me.

 
At Mon Feb 09, 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Wow! I'm quite honored to be on that tiny list! ; )

 
At Wed Feb 11, 06:29:00 PM, Blogger General Stuck said...

Thank you Dr. Z for including my blog The Oxpecker File for your blogroll Amnesty Day. You rule the Funny Quadrant of the Blogosphere!,

I have changed the name From Oxpecker File to The Funhouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts