Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tom Lehrer's Christmas Carol

 
We finally have most of the Christmas ornaments up on the west wing. Now for the entry hall! But before we tackle that project, I wanted to take this extra christmasy moment to share with you a particular song by Tom Lehrer. It's a christmas carol. Unfortunately I am unable to find a video of the song that has Tom Lehrer singing it, but I did find a video of the song by a fellow named Robert Kwakkelstein that is not too bad. I am sure that you will agree that the message conveyed is certainly an accurate portrayal of the Christmas season as we celebrate it here in the United States. I have also included the lyrics below. This is my favorite Christmas carol ever! I also have the video to another holiday song by Tom Lehrer, "I'm Spending Hanukkah in Santa Monica". You can hear more of Tom Lehrer's music at this link.


I did find two other versions of Tom Lehrer's Chrismas carol "spoken" by right wing Bush apologist Christopher Hitchens, [ 1, 2 ] and they are so bad I almost hate to mention them, except to point out what a ridiculous blowhard Hitchens is. His pompus introductions to the Lehrer's Chrismas carol are longer than the song!
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

10 Comments:

At Sun Dec 23, 02:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom Lehler composed in HTML? How visionary!

;-)

 
At Sun Dec 23, 05:49:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

The unformatted HTML was a nice touch. :-)

 
At Sun Dec 23, 06:39:00 PM, Blogger dguzman said...

LOVE the hat. Please swing over to my pad and check out a certain something just pour vous! Hope you like!

 
At Sun Dec 23, 08:26:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Dr - your, umm... your code is exposed.

 
At Mon Dec 24, 05:59:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

It would be funny, so I hope Hitchens is really dru - oh, nevermind.

Have a great holiday, future president!

 
At Mon Dec 24, 07:13:00 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

does anyone under 40 know who Tom Lehrer is?
8-)

happy holidays Dr Z

 
At Mon Dec 24, 07:22:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

mwbworld: My mistake, so sorry. I had only proofed the page in IE.

Comrade Kevin: My mistake, so sorry. I had only proofed the page in IE.

dguzman: Ha! that's hilarious! I hope that you didn't have a hangover.

FranIAm: FranIAm, Ooo-La-La!

Randal Graves: Merry Chrstmas, Randal!

Distributorcap: We must edumacate those yound whippersnappers!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

 
At Mon Dec 24, 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Fran said...

I must admit, I enjoyed my naughty peek into your exposition!

 
At Mon Dec 24, 01:23:00 PM, Blogger Sleestak said...

I like Hitchens speaking out on religion. Other stuff not so much.

 
At Wed Dec 26, 08:34:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

FranIAm: Ooo-La-La! I live to serve your naughty interests, FranIAm.

Sleestak: In my opinion the man is a fool on all subjects. He suffers from the ignorance of absolute certainty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts