Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day!

 
Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day!

Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day! I learned about this blogosphere holiday through the blog of the fabulous Blue Gal. You can read the frightening details of the event at the blog of the holiday's creator, Jon Swift, and also at the blog of the other leading event co-conspirator, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

Blue Gal suggests that we should post the link to a few of our favorite blogs, and post them so that others can read about them, become aware of them - and finally blogroll these newer and most recently discovered blogs. Based on Blue Gal's expressed wishes, I have thus gone through a lengthy winnowing process of my own blogroll, and I present the following blogs for your consideration as part of the Blogroll Amnesty celebrations.

The Accordion Guy
Alien Loves Predator
AlterDestiny
Anaïs Nohant
Angry Ballerina
The Aristocrats
All Hat No Cattle
Atomic Romance
Aunt Dahlia
Badtux the Snarky Penguin
Beautiful Day Rule
Beginning to Bird
BenettonTalk
Betsy Devine
Bella Rossa
Beware of the Blog
Bitch Ph.D.
Blue Gal
Bob Geiger
bradblog.com
Brainshrub
The Bree Walker Show Blog
CalPundit
Cap'n Dyke, Pirate Queen
Capitol Punishment
Carnival of the Liberals
Chapter 56
Chicken Head
Circle Jerk/Square Dance
Common Dreams
Comrade Kevin
Crooks and Liars
Culture of Life News
Cyberography
The Daily Howler
Darkblack
Darwin's Dagger
The Dean's Office
Devilham's Attic
Dictionopolis in Digitopolis
DistributorCap NY
DownWithTyranny!
The Dubya's Media
Dump Michele Bachmann
Electronic Cerebrectomy
Eli Lyons
Evangelical Right
Evil Mad Scientist
Eyeteeth
Five Public Opinions
FOX Watch
Fragmentia13
FranIAm
Freida Bee
Germaine Gregarious
Get-Your-Zs
Gledwood Vol 2
The Great Endarkenment
Here Comes Johnny Yen Again
The Hill
House of the Rising Sons
The Huffington Post
I Am Bossy
I Am Jacks Non-Blog
Ice Station Tango
Illustrated Daily Scribble
I Miss Fafblog, Spot!
I, Splotchy
I Make No Promises
Impeachment/Other Dreams
The Inconvienent Truth
Indecision 2008
Indexed
Infidel753
Jazz from Hell
Jess Wundrun
Jesus' General
Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator
Jon Swift
Jonestown
Jossip Cable Quotables
Kelly the Little Black Dog
Kimonomomo
Knock Knock
Kommandos Project
L'ennui mélodieux
Lady, That's My Skull
Last Left Turn B4 Hooterville
Left 'Toon Lane
Les Enrages.org
The Liberal Coalition
Liberality
Like Kryptonite To Stupid
The Lippard Blog 2
Luminiferous Ether
Mental Detritus
Mercury Rising
Midnight/Noise
Mock, Paper, Scissors
Mondo Marco
Monkey Muck
Morning Martini
My Two Sense
MWB's World
naladahc.com
Neural Gourmet
Neccoland
The Needs of the Few
Nine Pearls
No Smoking in the Skull Cave
A Noble Undoing
Old American Century
Omnipotent Poobah
the Opinion Mill
The Otherwhirled
Pam's House Blend
Patriotboy
Phydeaux Speaks
Pidomon's Posts
PoliTits
pollster.com
Political Arithmetik
Princess Sparkle Pony
PR Watch
Rabbits, Toyen, and so forth
Republic of Sestakastan
The Quaker Agitator
Qwerty's Qoncepts
Quit Your Day Job
Scholars and Rogues
Shakespeare's Sister
Shelley the Republican
Silly Humans
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Sleestak
Some Guy's Blog
Spocko's Brain [ 2 ]
spiiderweb
Stardragon the Canadian
Stump Lane
A Sunny Thought
They Get Letters
This Is It
This Modern World
Threading Water
Tiamat's Friends
Two Minutes In The Box
Übermilf
Unruly Mob/Les Enrages
Vagabond Scholar
Vigouruex Artiste
The Yes Men
Yikes! [ 2 ]
What I Like/Universe
Wink Studios
Witches and Scientists
Westcoast Walker
Wondertrash
Wyldth1ng

Also, after the coming Apeocolypse, I pledge to spare these humans (or at least most of them) for scientific experiments. (Probably.)
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

28 Comments:

At Sun Feb 03, 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Swinebread said...

Well, you’re not a gentlemen, but you’re certainly a scholar. Thanks for the Nod! I’m humbled.

 
At Sun Feb 03, 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I look forward to the scientific experiments!
Thanks for the link

 
At Sun Feb 03, 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for participating, dr. zaius!

but next time, maybe you could try to not be such an under-achiever in linkage?

 
At Sun Feb 03, 03:59:00 PM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Merci pour le lien, but before you operate, can I get nice and wasted first?

 
At Sun Feb 03, 05:09:00 PM, Blogger ThoughtCriminal said...

Question - does your scientific research include breeding experiments with Nova?

 
At Sun Feb 03, 06:50:00 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Thank you. I may be available for some experiments if it pays well!

 
At Sun Feb 03, 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Angry Ballerina said...

Dude, you totally just fed my insomnia for another 8 or so hours.


Thanks!!!!!

 
At Sun Feb 03, 09:34:00 PM, Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

Why, thank you for the link!

 
At Sun Feb 03, 11:36:00 PM, Blogger John J. said...

Thanks for the plug doctor.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 03:54:00 AM, Blogger Distributorcap said...

I better get that rocket out of the forbidden zone so i can escape the apeocolypse

 
At Mon Feb 04, 04:43:00 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

As I said over at Fran's, having been away for a week, this is all new to me.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 09:32:00 AM, Blogger Some Guy said...

Thanks, Dr.! I appreciate your pledge as I have an aversion to anal probes.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 09:37:00 AM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Thanks for your attention to my Box.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 09:56:00 AM, Blogger BAC said...

Dr. Z ... I am so grateful to be spared. Needles make me a bit queazy.


BAC

 
At Mon Feb 04, 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Shay said...

Fantastic! This Blog Amnesty Day was a great idea! ^_^

 
At Mon Feb 04, 01:38:00 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

we do not deserve, as a species, to be spared. thank you for continuing to bring to us your simian goodness!

 
At Mon Feb 04, 02:17:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hey thanks for that pledge, sort of.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 02:31:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Swinebread: Really? Takes one to know one!

Pidomon: Be patient. There is plenty of time for all that.

Skippy: Do I note a hint of sarcasm in your voice? I narrowed it down as much as I could.

Randal Graves: That would actually be good idea. Might I join you?

ThoughtCriminal: No. lobotomies and taxadermy, mostly.

FranIAm: Hmm... We will have to negotiate a fee.

Angry Ballerina: So glad to hear from you! It's been a while.

SamuraiFrog: But of course!

John J.: No problemo!

Distributorcap: Too late. If your rocket is in the Forbidden Zone, then the Apeocolypse has already taken place. If you follow Hasslein's curve on the way back, you could sneak in before it happens.

Pissed Off Patricia: No time like the present to catch up!

Chris: None of that! That is what Dr. Monkerstein likes to do. We do lobotomies and taxadermy, mostly.

GETkristiLOVE: You should pay attention to your scores! ;o)

BAC: Me too! Unless I am inflicting them, of course.

Shay: Jon Swift is the culprit.

Liberality: as a species humans do not deserve to be spared, nut I have found many fine specimans like yourself that deserve special consideration.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

I'm honored to make the cut. Unless it's a briss. In that case I'm scared.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Mon Feb 04, 03:42:00 PM, Blogger darkblack said...

A link? How kind and generous - Now, where is my rolodex?
I must make a note of this oncoming 'apeocolypse' so that some delicious chocolate-banana muffins can be prepared.

;>)

 
At Mon Feb 04, 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Freida Bee said...

Thank you for the linky love, dear doctor.

 
At Tue Feb 05, 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dean Wormer: Jeepers! I would be scared too!

darkblack: Delicious chocolate-banana muffins? Oooh, I'll ave two please!

Freida Bee: As you might of guessed, despite the instructions of the event promoters, I found that I did not have the heart to winnow down my blogroll one jot. Everybody on my blogroll was represented.

 
At Tue Feb 05, 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Jay Allbritton said...

Nice list, Doc. Glad to be on it, glad to have it. I'll be going through these sites for weeks! Great work.

 
At Tue Feb 05, 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Mauigirl said...

wow, exploring all those blogs is going to take me weeks!

 
At Wed Feb 06, 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Thank you for including me, Dr. Z! I have been remiss, but will now immediately add you to my blogroll (in the hopes of maintaining my "spared for scientific experiments" status)

 
At Sat Feb 09, 05:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
In honor of Blogroll Amnesty Day I have added your blog link to my blogroll at robsingleton.net. Please link mine to yours in return. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at robtherev@gmail.com. Thank you!

Rob Singleton

 
At Tue Feb 12, 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Friðvin said...

By the way, you'll be getting added to my blogroll as soon as I have my new template up and running, and assuming I get Blogrolling installed. If not, I'll just be doing it the old-fashioned way, tinkering with html in my template. I've been holding off until I know for a fact that I'm going to have success with my endeavors -- always a risky assumption with technology. :lol:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts