Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Friday, February 01, 2008

Betty and Veronica - 'She's Goth to Have it!'

 
Betty discovers goth culture! ...and she looks hot in black lipstick. I found this great Betty and Veronica comic over at The Accordion Guy. He has it posted as a single file [436K], I just enlarged it a bit and heighted the contrast a little to make it easier to read for those of us with thick glasses and a permanent squint. (Like me.)

So, what is the heart-felt message of this hard hitting bit of social commentary? If you want to be a good friend, you will eat the damned Rice Krispy Treats! That is what friendship is all about! Only the groovy goth girls understood the importance of the marshmallow goodness of Betty's need for attention.

It's hard for me to say which Archie comic I like better - this one, or the comic recently posted over at Living Between Wednesdays. (This is a Zaius Nation reprint. I am busy working on next week's posts!)
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

At Fri Feb 01, 07:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betty as a goth!?! *drools*

So why did you have to put that out there?

Now I won't be able to concentrate all day at work.

 
At Fri Feb 01, 09:27:00 AM, Blogger Swinebread said...

Oh man! you know the good stuff. Goth Yes

 
At Fri Feb 01, 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Randal Graves said...

Oh Hun, this Goth thing sure is interesting. I'd hate to Vandal-ize it.

- Alan

 
At Fri Feb 01, 04:02:00 PM, Blogger kimono hime said...

Ha! I just lived through this same scenario with my 13 year old daughter.

I wore all black in the '80's before it was Goth. What did we call it back then? I can't remember. And I didn't go for the whole vampire look... it was different. Oh geez, the memories.

 
At Fri Feb 01, 04:04:00 PM, Blogger kimono hime said...

Wait a minute--"baked" crispy treats? I don't think so. If anything is getting baked, it isn't the crispy treats, I know that much.

 
At Fri Feb 01, 05:07:00 PM, Blogger FreakyNick said...

Goth is so old-fashioned!

 
At Sun Feb 03, 12:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Betty is falling in with a bad crowd! I can tell where this will lead right now - truancy, tense police standoffs, and possibly even smoking! That's what Archie Comics gets for trying to be contemporary.

 
At Sun Feb 03, 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

MWB's World: It will give you something think about, like your wardrobe!

Swinebread: Goth Betty, even better!

Randal Graves: Ha! Your comment is to my Viking.

kimono hime: Oh, you should post picture of yourself "Gothed" out!

kimono hime: I think that the "baked" Rice Krispy Treats were a metaphor for something else...

niCk (Mem Beth): Vintage, niCk! Vintage!

AgentOrange: Be honest - it can only be an improvement! I, for one, embrace this change of venue for the Archie Gang.

 
At Mon Feb 11, 04:15:00 AM, Blogger Michael Bains said...

"Awwwwww..." is all I've got to say.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts