Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Monday, March 31, 2008

Most Sports Are a Form of Disorderly Conduct With a Scoreboard

 
Amazing rallies at the Seoul Olympics (1988)
Serbia - Romania Olympic qualifications
British Eurosport Beach Volleyball
Olympics: Misty May and Kerri Walsh
Olympics Womens' Beach Volleyball
Women's Volleyball/Manhattan Beach
Japanese Women's Volleyball
WCSN Beach Volleyball
US Women's Footvolley (Not Vollyball)

This post is in response to the many sports related posts that I see cropping up on the blogosphere from bloggers such as Randal Graves [ 1, 2, 3 ] and Dr. Monkerstein. (Randal has even made sports part of his blog template.)

I find that I am lacking a certain something when it comes to reading or commenting on these sports related posts. It was not a lack knowledge of these sports on my part that poses a problem, as my ignorance on any issue has never stopped me from making very opinionated statements on an entire range of subjects in the past. No, what was lacking on my part was... Interest.

I find that most sports that I read about on the blogosphere leave me quite disinterested. I am not saying that watching grunting, sweaty men playing with their balls is not of interest to some - clearly there is an audience for that sort of thing. I am just attempting to point out that there is a sport that is far more interesting and exciting than this standard media fare. I am speaking of course of women's volleyball!

Even with only a rudimentary knowledge of the rules of the game, I find that I am still captivated by the vigorous serves, lively rallying and brightly colored costumes. I believe that the game far superior to any of the sports I commonly see discussed on the internet. The game is so captivating, I don't even bother to keep score!


 

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 31, 04:42:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I can't help but love those beach volley ball women.

 
At Mon Mar 31, 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Dave The Angry Rhode Islander said...

This can't truly be a sport - surely it's something some men invented to get girls to jump around in teeny bikinis. No one keeps score, do they?

 
At Thu Apr 03, 03:12:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dr. Monkerstein: I'm telling you, Women's Volleball is where it's at!

Dave The Angry Rhode Islander: Keep score? Not me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts