Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of the classic film, "Village of the Giants"

 
MST3K "Village of the Giants": [ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ]

Groovy Giant Joy Harmon dance clip [ 2 ]
Nifty Beau Brummels' scenes [ 2 ]
Watch out for the giant rubber hand!
Joy Harmon Tribute

Today's movie is the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of the classic film, "Village of the Giants". I first saw this film when I was a kid on Bob Wilkins' show, 'Creature Fratures'. The film is terrible, but the so much fun to watch! Teenagers eat some "Goo" and grow to huge proportions! The best way to sum up he highlights of this film is to go straight to the "Groovy Giant girls in Makeshift Bikinis" dance clip, featuring Joy Harmon. Ooo-La-La! That is really what this film is all about. (This drive-in cheeseburger is extra heavy on the cheese.) The film also features Tommy Kirk, a young Beau Bridges and a very young Ron Howard, but when Joy Harmon is in the cast - Who really cares about them, anyway? Joy Harmon is the ginchiest! (This weekend movie is brought to you as a suggestion from ThoughtCriminal.)

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

14 Comments:

At Sat Jun 28, 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

I like Xanadu better.

 
At Sat Jun 28, 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Oh yeah...that Joy Harmon gives me a special feeling, no doubt about it.

 
At Sat Jun 28, 12:47:00 PM, Blogger mwb said...

That's taking "I like big butts" to a ridiculous extreme.

 
At Sun Jun 29, 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

Has mattyboy seen this?

 
At Sun Jun 29, 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Utah Savage said...

Nothing like giant adolescent girls in makeshift bikinis to get the day stared right! Dr. Ziaus, all you guys are really perverts in disguise, right?

 
At Sun Jun 29, 06:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Jess, where's the Matty Boy?

 
At Sun Jun 29, 11:57:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Well, I hope you took roll call first.

 
At Mon Jun 30, 08:25:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Comrade Kevin: As much as I like Olivia Newton John, there is no way that "Xanadu" is better that any film that features Joy Harmon. Sorry.

Bubs: Indeed! When I wath the dance scene, the actors on the screen are not the only thing that change proportions!

MWB: Right. "Does this science fiction plot device make me look fat?"

Jess Wundrun: I am sorry tos ay that I have never hear of Matty Boy's blog. I have blogrolled him! After cross-refrencening your blogroll against Google finds.

Utah Savage: What disguise? ;o)

Zoey & Me: OK, OK! JEss convinced me. I have left a message on Matty Boy's blog.

GETkristiLOVE: Ha! After taking down Joy Harmon's name, who cares about the rest? ;o)

 
At Mon Jun 30, 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Dean Wormer said...

I actually sat down with my kids and watched a bunch of that right on your website. We love MST.

I also need to get a life.

 
At Mon Jun 30, 02:36:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

Thanks for adding me to blogroll, Doc. As a major blog source of giant woman information, I have OF COURSE seen Village of the Giants, both the vanilla version and the MST3K treatment. Here is my post about Ms. Harmon, who today would be considered too fat to be eye candy, which just shows what an awful and mutating pestilence mankind truly is.

http://lotsasplainin.blogspot.com/2007/12/changing-standards-of-beauty.html

 
At Mon Jun 30, 07:04:00 PM, Blogger ThoughtCriminal said...

I did see this a long time ago on TV without the Bots.

 
At Tue Jul 01, 08:08:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Dean Wormer: That's so cool! I am glad that you enjoyed it. :o)

Matty Boy: What a great link! I did this giant woman post a while back. How do you feel about giant killer bunnies? Standards of beauty today are indeed ridiculous.

ThoughtCriminal: It's a terible movie. I love it!

 
At Tue Jul 01, 10:44:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

Night of the Lepus is a very important piece of cinema, though after Joy Harmon is made giant sized, nothing else should have been made giant sized ever again.

Ever.

 
At Thu Jul 03, 09:52:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

I cannot say that I agree with you on this point, Matty Boy. Giant Killer Bunnies are almost as cool as Joy Harmon, and thus have a secure place in pop culture history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts