Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sleestak, the Mega-Rod and Big Barda - What is the Connection?

 
Sleestak and Big Barda - What is the Connection?

The Department of DefenceI am growing increasingly concerned about one of the new candidates, Sleestak of Lady, That's My Skull. On his campaign website he explicitly is asking the voters to worship a device called a Mega-Rod that is owned by a woman by the name of Big Barda. Who is this Barda, and what control does she have over Sleestack? And what is a Mega-Rod, and why does Sleestak have an altar to it? I think that the voters have right to know!

It is entirely possible that this device is some kind of weapon, and Sleestak may have plans to use it to sway the upcoming election in 2008 in some way.

Michael Chertoff has already warned us that he has it on good authority that a significant rumbly in his tumbly means that some kind of terrorist attack is about to take place this summer. Could Big Barda and this Mega-Rod somehow be involved?

Dr. Smith has already pointed out that Slestak is an avid practitioner of some unusual religious practices. Now, I think that it is only fair that you read what Sleestak himself has to say about his award-winning Garden of Hayley Mills Awesomeness, and to not be overly swayed by what one hears from a third party.

I have been known to attend Sunday services to worship of the Divine Ms. Mills myself on occasion. There is nothing strange about that! Still, but I am growing increasing concerned about this other matter. I am all for freedom of religion, but why does Sleestak worship at an altar to a device called a Mega-Rod? Who is Big Barda? And why is Sleestak so secretive about the whole subject? Do any of the voters have any ideas about what this Mega-Rod is for?

Sleestak and Big Barda - What is the Connection?
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

13 Comments:

At Thu Jul 19, 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Evil Spock said...

Big Barda can do anything to Evil Spock she wants.

Evil Spock is surprised Mr. Miracle allows Big Barda all these "extra-curricular" activities.

Big Jack Kirby fan btw.

 
At Thu Jul 19, 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I concur with my supporter Evil Spock, I dig Big Barda. And I grew up on Jack Kirby comics.

Down with Sleestak! Up with what ever Big Barda wants!

 
At Thu Jul 19, 03:02:00 PM, Blogger Sleestak said...

More lies and misrepresentation!

I invite any impartial observer to stay sequestered for a week at the Hayley Mills Celebratory Complex!

No cameras, writing instruments or cell phones allowed.

 
At Thu Jul 19, 03:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect only the humblest respect for Big Barda in this campaign, since she is made of pure awesome.

 
At Thu Jul 19, 03:39:00 PM, Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

I, too, support the Barda-can-do-whatever-she-wants resolution.

Am I to understand that Sleestak is offering a free week inside Hayley Mills? Because I do have a free week coming up.

 
At Thu Jul 19, 06:00:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Evil Spock:: Yes, but what exactly are those "extra-curricular" activities?

I too am a big Jack Kirby fan. Why are his fingertips always drawn at right angles though? Who cares!

Dr. Monkerstein: OK, that's two for Big Barda and Jack Kirby.

Sleestak: Yes, just check brain in at the door. Sounds lovely.

Dr. Smith: OK, that's three for Big Barda. I would have to say that Hayley Mills is just little bit more awesome, though.

SamuraiFrog: OK, that's four for Big Barda. I think that maybe Big Barda should run for office! That is probably the first thing that we have all agreed upon as a group. Perhaps she can be Sleestak's running mate!

 
At Fri Jul 20, 12:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirby was king, to be sure - I just started reading scans of the Journey into Mystery issues where Thor began. My favorite scene with Barda, however, was in the eighties when she kicked the crap out of a bunch of baddies while wearing a terrycloth bathrobe and bunny slippers.

 
At Fri Jul 20, 05:58:00 PM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Maybe it's a mega bong. Sleestak might be mega high as a mega kite.

 
At Sat Jul 21, 06:44:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Joe the Troll: Barda kicking the crap out of a bunch of baddies while wearing a terrycloth bathrobe and bunny slippers?!?!? I've Googled it and I can't find it! Where's the link, where's the link?

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: Sleestak is ganja colored. ;o)

 
At Sat Jul 21, 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Sleestak said...

Lies! We are just friends, really!

 
At Sun Jul 22, 09:26:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Hmm... You are just friends with who, Big Barda or the Mega-Rod?

 
At Sun Jul 22, 11:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Z.... I don't have a link, I just remember that from reading comics. It was in the Mr. Miracle series that started in the late 80s. Or it might have been an issue of Justice League when that was sort of a humor mag. That's all I can remember, I don't know what issue it was in.

 
At Tue Jul 24, 04:15:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Oh, well. I sure would like to see Big Barda kick the crap out of a bunch of villians while wearing a terrycloth bathrobe and bunny slippers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts