Minister of Science and Chief Protector of the Faith

Saturday, January 26, 2008

"Real Wild Child" Comparison

 
No time for blogging today! Germaine Gregarious and I are busy infiltrating the evil Disney empire. (I am a little peeved, Ms. Gregarious always gets the best costume. I had to dress up as Grumpy!) In the meantime you can watch these different versions of the song "Real Wild Child" ( also called "The Wild One") by these different artists, and decide which is your favorite: Jerry Lee Lewis [ 2 ], Iggy Pop, Josie & The Pussycats, The Bell Notes, Everlife, Joan Jett, Ivan, The Gravediggers, and BR5-49. Just for fun, here is the lego version of the song as well.

Remember, YouTube videos are like soup. You don't have to eat the whole bowl to find out that you don't like it. You can usually tell after the first few mouthfuls. (Get away from me with that pickaxe you malevolent, maloderous munchkin! I have absolutely no intention of "whistling while I work"!)
 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

At Sun Jan 27, 01:41:00 AM, Blogger kimono hime said...

Holy hot pretzels, Batman. Ms G looks positively radiant.

Um, by the way, what's she feeding that innocent, defenseless wild animal?

 
At Sun Jan 27, 07:00:00 AM, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Man, Jerry Lee Lewis is just awesome on the piano.

I was going to go with Iggy Pop, but his version really lacks the punch that I know he can bring and yes I know that the Blah Blah Blah album was kind of experimental and more new wavey than punk, but it's a disapointment after hearing Joan Jett's.

So I have to go with Joan Jett, the video has a cameo of Joey Ramone, so that adds a couple points for me. Plus she rocks.

 
At Sun Jan 27, 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

kimono hime: Germaine Gregarious does indeed make quite a lovely Snow White. She is feeding the dear deer the milk of human kindness, of course!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: Ha! I completely agree. I like Joan Jett's version the best as well.

 
At Sun Jan 27, 09:28:00 AM, Blogger annabkrr said...

Josie and the Pussycats are rad!

 
At Sun Jan 27, 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said...

I would like more choices, please.

Perhaps from the Brady Bunch?

 
At Sun Jan 27, 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Joan Jett. WWJJD? Now we know.

 
At Sun Jan 27, 06:44:00 PM, Blogger The Cunning Runt said...

I gotta go with The Killer - 'cause that weren't no act!

JJ was way cool too. But where was the (paradoxically tame) Johnny O'Keefe original?

 
At Sun Jan 27, 07:34:00 PM, Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

I got to vote for The Pussycats, based on the name alone.

 
At Mon Jan 28, 07:58:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

Anna: The band depicted in the "Josie and the Pussycats" video is actually the Japanese band Dir en Grey [ 2 ]. The music is from the film "Josie and the Pussycats", however. I don't understand why the video did not use Dir en Grey's music.

Übermilf: Greg, or Marcia?

Bubs: What Would Joan Jett Do? Rock!

The Cunning Runt: I fear that I've never heard the original Johnny O'Keefe version. :o(

GETkristiLOVE: Really? Have you met my running mate, Germaine Gregarious? ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Newer Posts  |  Older Posts